Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big clubs don’t go 30 years without winning their domestic league.

Big clubs don’t celebrate winning the league in December and throw it away in May.

Big clubs don’t make up shit about stadium redevelopment plans to get round financial fair play but avoid sanction from UEFA because they were that shit at the time they couldn’t qualify for Europe.

Big clubs don’t celebrate rivals players getting injured.

Big clubs don’t get their fans to attack a coach to try get an advantage in a champions league game.

Big clubs don’t sell their best players here’s looking at you Raheem Sterling.

Big clubs don’t give managers jobs to Roy Hodgson.

Big clubs don’t condone racism and get their players to wear T-shirt’s supporting the guy that did it.

Big clubs qualify for the charity shield on merit not get there by default as domestically they did nothing.

Any other examples?

What we don't see with Liverpool is a condemnation of their fans behavior.

Their supporters support (sic) what happened to the team bus in Liverpool, they support the pre-match disruptive attitudes outside opposition teams hotels, the wholesale booing of the national anthem.... There's a Neanderthal mentality in LFC's core fan base that is, at best, despicable and brings a shame on all football.

That fan base got English teams banned from Europe, was instrumental in painting a picture of all English fans on the continent.

Now, i'm not saying that football hooliganism doesn't exist across the board - because by degrees it does. There are elements of it no matter the colours. But it seems to be an entrenched attitude in LFC's fan base that they're just dick heads.

i was chatting with a Liverpool fan on the day they had their parade, and he was a really nice bloke - he's been a fan for over fifty years, had met Shankley and was a real down to earth bloke. i could have chatted with him all day. OC there was a bit of banter, but he didn't have that attitude that permeates out of these gob-shite 'fans' we so-easily associate with the club. While there's good and bad in all clubs, Liverpool seem to not only have an abundance of twats, much of the fan base endorse that kind of behavior.

We know it's not what football is about - but to them bricking a team bus, letting off fireworks outside team hotels, pitch invasions and generally being as obnoxious as is humanly possible seems to be the benchmark of fandom.

If you are referring to gods own team Manchester City, we don’t get into this silly mindset that sad lonely United and Liverpool fans chuck at other supporters do in throwing numbers out to validate how big their club is. I couldn’t give a fuck how many supporters or trophies City have won all that matters is I support my local team come thick or thin. If a dipper or rag had to put up with division 2 football they’d be gone.
But you've got to admit that it was nice watching the Countdown clock going from 44 to 0.

Was glorious best day of my life, don’t tell the mrs that.

44 ?
3d307ad372d4ad616eafc7a65449bf8b.jpg
ce0ddc4df475ef63e456a036661e2d62.jpg

Liverpool don't think of themselves as a big club in those terms they think of themselves as a big club bigger than all the other big clubs who have never won the premier league. It's a club that puts itself with Barca Real and even the rags using what is long gone history as a measure. Personally I dislike the term big club because there are a lot of clubs who have had their time and fit comfortably into that category.
Liverpool fans mean huge when they say big, if you know what I am meaning?

They think of themselves as football royalty.

In that article sent to Jacob Reese Mogg it said that 'traditionally' their fans would sing 'god save our team' when singing the national anthem - they really do think that they are royalty.

I'm not sure what the measure is of a 'big club' - but it seems to be defined by silverware above all other things (stadium capacity, following, expensive players, history etc etc).... The term seems to have redefined itself.

I remember when Forest were a big club, the biggest club in Europe for a while. And, as for history, isn't Nottingham County the oldest club in the league?

The top picture was at the Swamp for many years, showing the rags' "sense of (sic (or sick)) humour" over our plight .
The bottom picture was a banner of when the clock had counted down.

I am referring to the scoreboard at the north stand end of the ground which depicted a clock going from 44 to 0, immediately after the final whistle on 13th May 2012, showing the number of years since we last won the league until the current date.

But you know this already, don't you?

They think of themselves as football royalty.

In that article sent to Jacob Reese Mogg it said that 'traditionally' their fans would sing 'god save our team' when singing the national anthem - they really do think that they are royalty.

I'm not sure what the measure is of a 'big club' - but it seems to be defined by silverware above all other things (stadium capacity, following, expensive players, history etc etc).... The term seems to have redefined itself.

I remember when Forest were a big club, the biggest club in Europe for a while. And, as for history, isn't Nottingham County the oldest club in the league?

Not any more...

Surely Eike Immel would be a better choice for Klippety.

A fellow German, after all.

;-)
The situation with the scousers keepers reminds me of the goalkeeping crisis we had in the 90s when we ended up with John Burridge. Sky have just ran a little article in it and what I had forgotten was whilst Andy Lonergan is 35 Burridge was 43!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.