MCFC U-18's

Yeah sure - not doubting that is a thing. However, given that plenty of other clubs do it, im sure that's not the main stumbling block. The simple reason is most likely that CityTV actually have a pretty small team, and unless there's a huge hunger for it, they probably won't stretch their resources to cover it.

When there was loads of hype around the 18s team that had Foden, Sancho and Brahim in it, with loads clamouring to watch them, they showed the games more regularly. The teams since havent been quite as hyped so i think they don't bother really.
I don't know, but maybe something happened when we did show it, that has made the club more circumspect about doing, but then again it could just be penny pinching, but I would imagine the club film all their age groups for use in educating the players in how to play, and I assume they have the best technology to do so, so I can't see why that would be the case.

I don't know, but maybe something happened when we did show it, that has made the club more circumspect about doing, but then again it could just be penny pinching, but I would imagine the club film all their age groups for use in educating the players in how to play, and I assume they have the best technology to do so, so I can't see why that would be the case.

Yeah, the video analysts record all the game with a simple camera set up at the side of the pitches. Broadcasting them live though and commentating, while producing them with graphics etc onscreen takes staff and resources. It's not about being able to do it, I just genuinely think its a size of the media team thing. It is quite a small team there, I know cos one of my best friends is part of it. They're pretty stretched.

Yeah, the video analysts record all the game with a simple camera set up at the side of the pitches. Broadcasting them live though and commentating, while producing them with graphics etc onscreen takes staff and resources. It's not about being able to do it, I just genuinely think its a size of the media team thing. It is quite a small team there, I know cos one of my best friends is part of it. They're pretty stretched.

5 years ago the citytv team were producing this kind of content and coverage for the EDS pre season, let alone actual games

With the profile/cost/hype of the 16-18 year olds we sign from all over the world I'd suggest there's perhaps more demand than ever (out of curiosity) from people to watch the U18's/EDS and follow their progress closely. There used to be specific highlights of every game available on youtube via the official account. ChelseaTV/ManureTV show all their U18's/23's fixtures I think.

Strange how the club has withdrawn so much over the past 5 years and particularly the last 2 seasons. Surely it must be down to something more than just a lack of staff?

Yeah sure - not doubting that is a thing. However, given that plenty of other clubs do it, im sure that's not the main stumbling block. The simple reason is most likely that CityTV actually have a pretty small team, and unless there's a huge hunger for it, they probably won't stretch their resources to cover it.

When there was loads of hype around the 18s team that had Foden, Sancho and Brahim in it, with loads clamouring to watch them, they showed the games more regularly. The teams since havent been quite as hyped so i think they don't bother really.
Bit of a catch 22 though, if you don’t broadcast it people lose interest and it just falls by the wayside...

There must be a genuine reason for it, because there has definitely been a deliberate move to keep the academy quieter compared to, for example, the 14/15 (I think?) youth cup run with the likes of Maffeo, Angelino, Barker etc all in the team ripping it up. The coverage then was fantastic.

I can understand them not bothering to show the game live, but to not even send a solitary tweet about it is pathetic. And they still haven’t mentioned the game on the website either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.