Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

“Then we realise there was a hand ball”

And there you have it. Once again the opposition couldn’t even tell by the naked eye.

So the VAR can’t be arsed looking at our nailed on penalty, but spends 3 minutes trying to find something wrong with our goal? Ok.

That's what is really bugging me. If they spend as long on the pen as they obviously did looking for something for Jesus goal then they give the pen. There's something not quite right, they either don't think that's a pen, or they've just thought 'fuck it'.

I really do hope that VAR fucks up for the rest of the season, removing any kind of drama or passion. Soon see how English football gets on.

You either review fucking everything or nothing at all and let the ref do what he's paid for. I'm off for a beer.

I couldn't even see if it did hit his arm on that replay.

I'm going to stand by what I said about handballs from attackers from last season. If an advantage is gained with the arm it should be disallowed deliberate or not.

However to disallow a goal where there was no advantage gained(grazed at best)AND ignored a pull on the arm on Laporte. Such a one sided decision and those ****s doing the VAR also know they missed a pen decision in the first half.

They've changed the outcome of the game and have only applied the letter of the law when it suits them. This stinks of corruption.

Last edited:
It’s not football that’s fucked, it’s us.

VAR will not be implemented like that for anyone else this season, same as the offside call.

This is how they will stop us. I am 100% convinced, all they have to do is find anything, literally anything they can call a technical foul on and that’s it.
I'm normaly not one to go along with conspiracy theories but behind the scenes people are getting increasingly desperate. That much is clear.

VAR is only effecting our results because we are doing the vast majority of the attacking in matches. We can bemoan decisions like the last, but those are the rules and that’s how it is being applied. Where we do have justified anger is in VAR not intervening for the first-half penalty appeal. Guardiola should make a public statement about that, because if they are not going to intervene in such instances, then we deserve to know that that is the case. If a similar challenge warrants a penalty next week elsewhere, however, then we should be rightfully furious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.