Var debate 2019/20

Not posted for years. But today I am. If this is what the FA have come up with then forget it. It's a waste of time watching this fucking league if it's 11 Vs the establishment every match. There's been plenty of dodgy referee decisions without VAR and now it seems they are doubling down on it. A big fucking swizz.

Yes, that would be the only way it works, to limit its use and give control to the players. Still, unless we as fans are not privy to their systems, the technology used looks woeful inadequate to make such big decisions.

The way it works now with with complete ambiguity will be an utter disaster in this game. With the nature of football, I don't see it changing. I am adamant that it turns away a huge amount of fans from here on in from all teams.

Agreed.

The point was the players AND the ref are involved in the game.

This version is nonsense!

At least the players get to play the game properly if it was a challenge system.

I’m fucking fuming at the moment partly with the missed chances but more so with this VAR farce I knew it would fuck us over I mentioned it in the pre match thread,after the West Ham game I became suspicious of our games going to be reffed differently regards VAR,this will be the norm each week,wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a similar incident in the box in one of tomorrow’s games and VAR reviews it and gives the pen,VAR as some have mentioned is fantastic in principle but the cnuts operating it are making decisions that beggar belief..edit just to add it’s at the stage every goal we score I’m expecting ruled out regardless if there has been no foul or infringement leading to it ...

Arms around the neck pulling down Rodri = No penalty....clearly not a “clear and obvious ‘mistake’” (as if these refs are going to call their mate on a clear and obvious mistake unless someone loses a leg in a challenge?!
Sterling pulls back full back = Foul and yellow card

However, on the “goal,” it is simply the introduction of a completely stupid rule and VAR doing what it was told to do!!!

That said, I’d like to see multiple angles, because that ball goes between the players (Laporte and Skipp) and while we all are treated to the “fact” that it hits Laporte on the arm (not him hand balling it, of course!) does it also hit Skipp on the arm?

And, if it did, would it be a penalty???? Answer = NO!!! RIDICULOUS!!

So, as they say, it all evens itself out in the long run...let’s see how this season’s VAR plays out, because we’ve been fucked HARD so far!!!

You're tripping bro. It was the correct decision based on the new rules. It's shitty as fuck but it is what it is.

really? Was the Rodri's hacking correct decision? Was the Laporte pulling the correct decision?

There is zero point in penalty decisions being “clear and obvious” whilst innocuous accidental handballs are classed as being definitive. It’s completely counter intuitive and makes a mockery of their own rules.

Technology isn’t the issue, the interpretation of their own rules that is.

So far we’ve seen three goals disallowed in the last two league games and CL game and it’s beyond a joke.

Agreed.

The point was the players AND the ref are involved in the game.

This version is nonsense!

At least the players get to play the game properly if it was a challenge system.
It would just mean EVERYTHING is challenged!

[QUOTE="colorado blue, post: 11992770, member: 21243] The Pen was not a clear and obvious error

.[/QUOTE]
I assume you are taking the piss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.