Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

As I said our first big game with VAR in the PL and they failed to apply the letter of the law for us but took every opportunity to apply it against us.

The penalty not given in the first half was one thing. But in the same handball incident there was a pull on Laportes arm which added to the outcome by the letter of the law that is foul play.

Good point and I noticed that, too. Indeed, it begs the question just what they are going to consider in the box. They seem to have become fixated with checking every goal but not every foul in the box.

I’m not going to lose sleep over these decisions simply because we are going to have 1-2 of them every week; people need to accept that quickly or go out and buy defibrillators. That we were so far over the supposedly second best team in Europe, who have apparently strengthened, is almost comical, but we need to start converting chances, as we need to win every game by two clear goals at this rate.

He handled the aerial threats well but he was easily beaten on numerous occasions, maybe its down to the partnership with Gundo but he doesnt provide enough cover for the CB, the lamela goal was a clear example. I might be a bit harsh on him as he is still new to the system but he needs to be brought in slowly, for me we need to ho back to Dinho for the next 5 or so games.
Give it a rest

Fuming about VAR but we all said they would use it to shaft City.

Frustrating game though even without that, 2 proper chances for spurs and they score twice. We must have had double figures of good chances and score 3 with 1 taken off us.
Fuck em all, siege mentality, and we chase them down and win the league again please.

Let’s say we’re being really generous here and saying yes to the letter of the law it’s a handball, there’s no way on earth that llorente’s goal stands in the cl then

My grievance isn’t with the disallowed goal.

That’s the law this season (despite what I may or may not think about t).

My grievance is with how they decide to review situations.

Why did they review the goal but not the penalty?

There was enough evidence for VAR to over rule the ref for penalty. No justification for that.

i said befre ...most people think (including me) that it was a penalty but they are not going to over rule it unless its something the ref hasnt seen -he clearly saw it and (wrongly for mostof us) deemed it not a foul...VAR agreed with him- its not going to over rule him unlike on the Jesus non goal, where there is no way the ref sees the bal hit laporte on the arm at full speed (which like it or not it did hit him on the arm) and with the new rule change the ref was right to disallow it - now is the rule correct - in my opinion no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.