Var debate 2019/20

There is zero point in penalty decisions being “clear and obvious” whilst innocuous accidental handballs are classed as being definitive. It’s completely counter intuitive and makes a mockery of their own rules.

Technology isn’t the issue, the interpretation of their own rules that is.

So far we’ve seen three goals disallowed in the last two league games and CL game and it’s beyond a joke.
This.

VAR rules have gone too far and they have now ruined TWO games against zSpurs, not to mention the other games!

By the letter of the law no goal.. but... the Rodri chock was a foul anywhere on the pitch.. a blatant one at that... a yellow. So a clear pen. Rodri screamed so Oliver heard.. the commentary picked up on it. This means it must have been reviewed so if that was the case VAR doesn’t work as it was a faaaaaar more obvious infringement on the rules. So If VAR is that selective that is who we are in a title race with.

Sad times...

If you can't celebrate a goal then football is dead.

That's inherently the biggest problem I'd say. Football fans are steeped in a certain culture, different from fans of other sports. This extends to when a scoring event occurs. Goals are so rare in a game (relatively) that naturally they are celebrated very hard.

The deflating feeling after a goal is overturned is not worth the introduction of the technology and any perceived increase in decision 'consistency'. Fans care far, far more about the natural flow amd habits of the game as opposed to a ref getting every single decision right. You are blind robbing the fans of precious moments of euphoria throughout a match. If the officials on the ground cannot do their job by picking something up then improve THEM, not take this piss weak option of trying to get technology to do their job for them.

I should have learned after the CL semi-final second leg. I celebrated for a good 30 seconds to release all of the built-up tension from what came before, and I did the same again today.

And now I feel drained and dejected.

It’s not a loss, and probably shouldn’t feel that way, but VAR made it feel like one to me, mostly because of the celebration and then dejection.

Arms around the neck pulling down Rodri = No penalty....clearly not a “clear and obvious ‘mistake’” (as if these refs are going to call their mate on a clear and obvious mistake unless someone loses a leg in a challenge?!
Sterling pulls back full back = Foul and yellow card

However, on the “goal,” it is simply the introduction of a completely stupid rule and VAR doing what it was told to do!!!

That said, I’d like to see multiple angles, because that ball goes between the players (Laporte and Skipp) and while we all are treated to the “fact” that it hits Laporte on the arm (not him hand balling it, of course!) does it also hit Skipp on the arm?

And, if it did, would it be a penalty???? Answer = NO!!! RIDICULOUS!!

So, as they say, it all evens itself out in the long run...let’s see how this season’s VAR plays out, because we’ve been fucked HARD so far!!!
If it hits the spurs player on the arm or even grazes his arm it’s a stonewall pen according to these new rules,but don’t think it did ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.