Var debate 2019/20

That's inherently the biggest problem I'd say. Football fans are steeped in a certain culture, different from fans of other sports. This extends to when a scoring event occurs. Goals are so rare in a game (relatively) that naturally they are celebrated very hard.

The deflating feeling after a goal is overturned is not worth the introduction of the technology and any perceived increase in decision 'consistency'. Fans care far, far more about the natural flow amd habits of the game as opposed to a ref getting every single decision right. You are blind robbing the fans of precious moments of euphoria throughout a match. If the officials on the ground cannot do their job by picking something up then improve THEM, not take this piss weak option of trying to get technology to do their job for them.
They aren't correct though if they miss that penalty that's what fucks me off.

It would just mean EVERYTHING is challenged!

You limit the challenges, ala Cricket or Tennis, and have a short timeframe in which they can raise it. You also restrict the challenging authority to the captain or coach only.

Again, I don't think that's great. But it removes a lot of the perceived bias and ambiguity of it

I always expect us to get fucked over when the spineless maggot has the whistle. I would love him to explain the non pen and yellow to Sterling decisions. These tests should be interviewed after the match.

I don’t have anything against VAR but the humans that decide when to use and not use them.

Why did VAR not highlight the intentional rugby tackle that should have been penalised in the first half but focused on the unintentional brush of the hand in the second half? Both are penalised in the new rule book yet one has been glossed over.

Because it is still a subjective system dictated by humans. Until VAR is dictated by artificial intelligence that algorithmically detect events to penalise, VAR is shit if the refs behind them cherrypick the events to focus on.

Looks like how VAR benefits a team depends largely on the panel of refs behind the system.

You limit the challenges, ala Cricket or Tennis, and have a short timeframe in which they can raise it. You also restrict the challenging authority to the captain or coach only.

Again, I don't think that's great. But it removes a lot of the perceived bias and ambiguity of it
How? We would have challenged the pen to no affect. Get real.

It would just mean EVERYTHING is challenged!

No, the original idea was a 2 challenge system per half. If you're challenging a tackle, that would be fooking stupid, especially if it's shown as the oppo got the ball.

You use them in potential game changing situations.

We'd have challenged the non pen and I absolutely guarantee nobody would have challenged Jesus' goal.

Nobody had their hands up or hounded the ref.

It's a no brainer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.