Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Can any of the VAR supporters answer me this question? What is the purpose of VAR?

There are thousands of “decisions” that make up a football game. Some are called correctly, some called wrong. I fully support a system that rights obvious wrongs but when you see that penalty decision and our disallowed goal you can only conclude that it is fundamentally flawed.

Well why didn’t they look at the penalty , if they did why wasn’t it given

It is clear it is being used diffentley,

See you joined in 2016, just on here to wind a few up after watching that shit officiating ,

Jog on

No just able to watch footie without thinking there's some grand conspiracy against us

Correct decision,bollocks law.

If they don't want to ruin this amazing game then changed need to be made.

I actually think it’s the correct decision and correct law I’m more annoyed by the penalty, I have no idea how var is supposed to be used in regards of the referee.

Wait until we score a goal after a long period of possession. They’l be going back 3 or 4 minutes to find a moment of contact between two players that they can claim was a foul.

Tell me with any degree of confidence that that won’t happen.

They did that for One of our goals at Schalke last season, they kept replaying a headed challenge in the build up for ages.

Almost as if they were trying to find any excuse to disallow the goal.

Correct decision,bollocks law.

If they don't want to ruin this amazing game then changed need to be made.
Very true, it was the correct decision, however the lack of action on the Rodri penalty incident puzzles me.
And as you say the law is bollocks, VAR if not amended will kill our game.

Just seen the still of laporte being pulled by a spurs player just before the ball hit his arm, shirley influenced his stance?

New hand ball rule is stupid.

i said befre ...most people think (including me) that it was a penalty but they are not going to over rule it unless its something the ref hasnt seen -he clearly saw it and (wrongly for mostof us) deemed it not a foul...VAR agreed with him- its not going to over rule him unlike on the Jesus non goal, where there is no way the ref sees the bal hit laporte on the arm at full speed (which like it or not it did hit him on the arm) and with the new rule change the ref was right to disallow it - now is the rule correct - in my opinion no

what you said before was wrong and it is now too. Oliver pointed to his ear and said I got nothing from the var. So var and that was pretty fucking obvious in las year or more it is in use, can and does suggest refs that there might be some problematic situation. They just didn't give a fuck.

Im sorry but if there was anything such as a neutral even they could see that was one of the most ridculous fuckin descions of the modern game. Is this where we're heading? Because if it is I'll watch City come out the tunnel, cheer them, then fuck off home...maybe not but the point is im fuckin fuming. Even the boy (he's 9) cant believe what he just witnessed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.