Var debate 2019/20

If I’m behind VAR I am absolutely certain that I have great influence over the outcome of a game, above and beyond the ref on the pitch.

Give me a match between the rags and a championship side. I bet 9 out of 10 I can make the rags lose the game despite them playing better.

Have only seen the replay once on the big screen once but ive got to say it looks again like another ridiculous decision. Not one spurs player challenged the original decision. Says it all.

If it hits the spurs player on the arm or even grazes his arm it’s a stonewall pen according to these new rules,but don’t think it did ..

If you're talking about the disallowed goal, no, it isn't.
The new law only relates to scoring or a goal being created off an arm. Whether the intention was to include such things as this one or not, it's a black and white law which VAR should be able to administer.

I don’t think it is, is it? Do you have the rule change for the defender?
They changed the rules across Europe did they not ( champions league ) after Otamendi handball schalke,then brought into the leagues any handball is a pen or attacking team goal ( if scored) ruled out just like the wolves one last week hit boly on arm ( he knew nothing about it ) and whoever it was smashed it in,then disallowed ...

What worries me a lot is that we as a super attacking and offensive team will lose more from VAR than we will benefit from it. Reason being that VAR never will give you a goal. It can give you a penalty, but as we saw today, that is no guarantee if the ref chooses not to look at it.

I’m puzzled to say at least and I’m worried how things will turn out.

Becoming obvious that it’s just added another layer of biased control.

Who are the people controlling this ? In Stockley Park, wherever that is .

They changed the rules across Europe did they not ( champions league ) after Otamendi handball schalke,then brought into the leagues any handball is a pen or attacking team goal ( if scored) ruled out just like the wolves one last week hit boly on arm ( he nine nothing about it ) and whoever it was smashed it in,then disallowed ...

underlined bit - no it isn't.
It says something about extending the body shape, and excludes close range ricochets.

How? We would have challenged the pen to no affect. Get real.

How do you know that?

They're using their 'clear and obvious error' bullshit to not pass that judgement on that, because they don't want to become the referees themselves

If that play is specifically referred to be reviewed by the officials, something that would be rarer in a limited challenge system, do you not think the result would be different? The ridiculous ambiguity of this 'clear and obvious error' interpretation would be thrown out the window. That is one of the biggest problems fans have with it right now

Reading social media there are a huge number of neutral fans who are disgusted by VAR taking over the game, and a lot are talking about the non penalty in the first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.