Var debate 2019/20

If it had hit the defenders arm do the rules say it's a pen? If not then it's loaded against the attacking team.

See #2432 for changes.

No, it doesn't as a law in all circumstances, but a couple of things spring to mind:
- there is no reason for it to be fair to attack/defence
- the definition of 'fair' is difficult, and the two scenarios are not two sides of a coin. Sissoko's handball in the CL final was not stopping the ball going in, yet was still a penalty offence.

Worse thing I have seen in football in nearly 40 years watching. Absolutely hate it.

Could ruin it for me.

It was ruled out about 2 minutes after we scored. A disgrace.

And you the fuck is sat deciding? Could be someone who hates us?

New laws on offside and handball will come back to bite all clubs on the arse.
There is going to be a decision like this every week from now on.

And so taking that into consideration, why is the technology they're currently using so grossly poor and inadequate?

Microsoft Paint lines. Blurred images. Shots from only one angle. This is a billion dollar competition. Have they not invested the resouces to legitimately back this thing up, or is there something that us fans are missing?

I follow the NRL in Australia and the technology used in their VAR equivalent absolutely shits all over what I'm seeing now, and that's a comp that earns less revenue that single teams in the EPL

I didn’t go today because of VAR. I usually go to around 20 games a season. I recon I’ll only go to about 3 or 4 when the kids are desperate to go. Even they aren’t bothered about going atm. They’re only 15 and 17 and are city mad but don’t want to go because they never know if it’s a goal or not so what’s the point? Their words not mine. And I totally agree

Gave up my season card this season after years thanks to VAR. Having watched the first two games of the season I will no longer be bothering with football in general and City in particular. Not looking for attention and just want to say goodbye to my fellow blues. 48 years of following this Barmy club has been a fucking joy. Time to tune out.

But still following it on the tV and commenting on it on bluemoon. what a strange person you are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.