Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

PEP @aguerosergiokun believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded. The goal we conceded was a corner. I wanted one on one movement. He thought I was upset with him. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He’s a guy I love a lot.

PEP All we can do is try to play like today as much as possible. They are one of the best teams and what we have done against them was fantastic. That’s my feeling - in everything we have done, our pressing, closing spaces, controlling counter attacks creating chances.

The decision looks to be technically right, but it's an awful one for the sport.

A rule that would penalise an attacker for an inadvertant handball but wouldn't punish a defender for the same handball can't be right.

And I think someone in the VAR room needs to explain how the penalty in the first half was missed.

You contradict yourself. Only there to Overrule an obvious mistake... they are watching several angles and you can see it’s an obvious ref mistake but still don’t flag it. For fucks sake he gets wrestled to the ground. I’m done

Like you i thouhgt it was a penalty first time of seeing it and on the replays...but the ref didnt think it was and neithr did the VAR officials. ....it doesnt matter whether we think its a mistake (clear) it matters whether the officuals at VAR think the ref had missed something....they clearly didnt think he had

not if the ref doesnt believe it was a penalty......VAR is not goingto over rule him unless they believe its an obvious mistake....they obviously sided with the ref.

the ref is the one in the wrong but that happens all the time in all games.
The ref wasn’t looking remotely in the right fucking direction to even see the penalty for a start. If you watched the game or the replay rather than trying to sound like a clever cock on here then you’d know that.

I believe it was a foul - the ref didnt.

I think it was stonewall penalty on rodri....the ref didnt think it was and neither did the officuals on VAR

As others have said, the ref didn’t see they “handball“ either but VAR was fine to over rule it. No offence mate but your are defending the indefensible with increasingly incoherent logic

All the missed sitters came back to bite us in the arse yet again.
We SHOULD have been out of sight before half time.
No excuses for some of those missed chances. Gifting goals is criminal, but not as corrupt and criminal as the cünt sat with VAR.
He should have let the ref make the decision via TV regarding Rodri being wrestled to the ground.

If this doesn’t make us more clinical and put the ball away, nothing will.

VAR is just another way for PiGMOL to control the outcome of games.

If we play the next 36 league games like we did today we will piss the league with 100+ points and VAR won't stop us.

No matter how good you are, sometimes luck, bad officiating and once in a season errors combine to cost you 2 points every once in a while.

The important thing is we absolutely battered the 3rd best team in the league and made them look like a Championship side that got accidentally promoted at times. 99 times out of 100 the goals will go in, the 3 points will be in the bag. Today was the exception and we just have to suck it up and move on.

Ok just got in the car and I'm fucking fuming. Sat in the East stand, the ref gave the third goal as did the lino. Celebrated like mad....fuck VAR. Still no idea when I left the ground why the goal was disallowed. Heard now it was a debatable hand ball. Ok so my gripe is this... what is the point of having a high qualified ref and lino, might as well pull 3 fans out of the crowd to pass on messages to the players as the prick sat by the computer makes the decisions
Probably a scouser. Fuck me I'm fuming. VAR will kill this game. It should only be used when asked for by the ref, like in rugby. A clear questionable decision.....not forensic fucking scrutiny. Fucking inconsistent. Interested to see which other teams have last minute winners wiped out by VAR...not holding my breath. Fucked off.

PEP @aguerosergiokun believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded. The goal we conceded was a corner. I wanted one on one movement. He thought I was upset with him. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He’s a guy I love a lot.

PEP All we can do is try to play like today as much as possible. They are one of the best teams and what we have done against them was fantastic. That’s my feeling - in everything we have done, our pressing, closing spaces, controlling counter attacks creating chances.
True enough.

Absolutely battered them. Made the CL finalists look like absolute garbage.

That said, with the overt cheating we've seen by the officials only 1 week in, we'll need to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.