Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

That person in Stockbridge could be getting all sorts of messages concerning a certain incident, give it or don't give it.

Also.........why were we not told straight away a var check was going on. Nobody in the ground knew until var decision no goal came up. Everyone was back in place, Oliver never made a sign so everyone thought it was a goal. Last season for me, if you are disallowing goals for that the game is finished. We might as well watch fucking chess!

Listen

I belive it was a penalty - to me it was stone wall going off other similar decisions.

However the ref didnt believe it was and allowed play to continue..

What we dont know is whether VAR reviewed it....now there two sides to this arguement....

We all saw the ref point to his ear and have a conversation with a city player(s) just after the ball had been cleared up field. Some interprited this as he was saying that he hadnt had word from VAR. I interprited at the time as he was syign VAR had reviewed it and hadnt given anything either....ie not over ruled him....

Now going off what we are being told, VAR will not over rule ref decisons unless there is a "clear and obvious error that the VAR spotx......its not about what the supporters, players, managers, pundits and anyone else thinks whether there is an error or not...its about whether the officials in control of VAR believe he has missed something/made an error....the other term we are being told is that the "bar has been set really high" as to whether VAR over rules a ref's decision in terms of fouls etc - clearly here (whether we like it or not, and im going to say again i think the ref made a mistake) VAR did not think the ref had made a mistake....

look at it this way...if the ref had given a penalty, i dont think VAR would not have over ruled hm (but we dont know)
That's not what you said I understand the rules pal. Nobody is saying VAR can overrule him, they are there to tell him when they think he's made mistake and they've not done it here. He pointed to his earpiece and shook his head. Use common sense, it's quite obvious they've made a mistake/missed it/fucked us over.

I believe it was a foul - the ref didnt.

I think it was stonewall penalty on rodri....the ref didnt think it was and neither did the officuals on VAR

And also, can you answer me the question - what is the purpose of VAR? Also, apply your answer to the penalty and “handball” incidents

The ref wasn’t looking remotely in the right fucking direction to even see the penalty for a start. If you watched the game or the replay rather than trying to sound like a clever cock on here then you’d know that.

I didnt see whether the the ref was looking at the incident so ill have to defer to a much cleaver cock in you on that one.

I did watch the game...

I thought it was a stonewall penalty the first time of seeing it....I blame the ref for making the wrong call - not VAR

Listen

I belive it was a penalty - to me it was stone wall going off other similar decisions.

However the ref didnt believe it was and allowed play to continue..

What we dont know is whether VAR reviewed it....now there two sides to this arguement....

We all saw the ref point to his ear and have a conversation with a city player(s) just after the ball had been cleared up field. Some interprited this as he was saying that he hadnt had word from VAR. I interprited at the time as he was syign VAR had reviewed it and hadnt given anything either....ie not over ruled him....

Now going off what we are being told, VAR will not over rule ref decisons unless there is a "clear and obvious error that the VAR spotx......its not about what the supporters, players, managers, pundits and anyone else thinks whether there is an error or not...its about whether the officials in control of VAR believe he has missed something/made an error....the other term we are being told is that the "bar has been set really high" as to whether VAR over rules a ref's decision in terms of fouls etc - clearly here (whether we like it or not, and im going to say again i think the ref made a mistake) VAR did not think the ref had made a mistake....

look at it this way...if the ref had given a penalty, i dont think VAR would not have over ruled hm (but we dont know)
It was a penalty clear as day. If we’re going to have to pay the price of marginal offsides and dodgy handballs then VAR has to pay back by correcting obvious errors like this. If it isn’t going to do that then it’s time to scrap it.

They really haven’t thought about this new handball law.

If it would have come off the defender instead and gone to a Spurs player then it wouldn’t have been a penalty as it was accidental. Nor was is clear and obvious!

The handball law should be for decisions like Llorente and Bony, both funnily enough against us, where the ball directly goes in off the arm. Not for build up play.

As others have said, the ref didn’t see they “handball“ either but VAR was fine to over rule it. No offence mate but your are defending the indefensible with increasingly incoherent logic

because it led to a goal -all goals will be reviewed as stated in the rule....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.