Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Pep clearly not happy with VAR, he said they were having a coffee when Rodri was fouled for the penalty. VAR is there to stitch us up, foolishly I believed it would make the game fairer, that's not the authorities motive, we can all guess what it is.

I didnt see whether the the ref was looking at the incident so ill have to defer to a much cleaver cock in you on that one.

I did watch the game...

I thought it was a stonewall penalty the first time of seeing it....I blame the ref for making the wrong call - not VAR
It’s the var rule that’s the problem.

The ref gives a penalty then var won’t overule either. But the var assumes the ref saw it which he didn’t. He’s staring at the penalty spot and doesn’t see the contact at all. The issue is with the var interpretation. We’re still at the mercy of the ref which is the issue unless a defender kills someone in the box with a machete.

not if the ref doesnt believe it was a penalty......VAR is not goingto over rule him unless they believe its an obvious mistake....they obviously sided with the ref.

the ref is the one in the wrong but that happens all the time in all games.
How can you keep saying the ref was in the wrong but not the VAR team? It's pretty obvious Oliver got it wrong but if we give him the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) h only saw it once in real time, the VAR team saw it from multiple angles and still decided it wasn't a penalty so they're even more wrong than Oliver! That was the perfect example of a 'clear and obvious' error so if VAR isn't being used to correct shit decisions like that then what is it for? It seems to me that at the moment it's being used to rule out goals for ridiculous technicalities and millimetres but not to stamp out actual cheating, holding in the box, diving, etc. The decision to rule the goal out was probably correct to the letter of the law but only because the law has been changed to suit VAR, all elements of common sense and the joy of goals being scored have been removed from the game but the cheating is still fine it seems. That's what the problem with VAR is at the moment, you can tie yourself in knots trying to justify it but it's a fundamentally flawed and broken system the way it's being used and it will kill games of football for the majority of the teams in the competition.

I didnt see whether the the ref was looking at the incident so ill have to defer to a much cleaver cock in you on that one.

I did watch the game...

I thought it was a stonewall penalty the first time of seeing it....I blame the ref for making the wrong call - not VAR
VAR LOOKED AT IT AND SAID NO,SKY AND EVERYONE WITH EYES SAID IT WAS AND THE VAR REF NEEDS TO BE STRONGER
Hope that helps

The only angle we've seen of the supposed handball is inconclusive, it's amazing that Sky haven't got another angle. As far as I can tell, it could have come off his shoulder. It could also have been a handball by the Spurs player, which presumably could have seen a penalty awarded.

Basically, the tw*t in Stockley Park has done us good and proper.

It came off Laportes arm and the ball deflected into Jesus path, if the ball hadn’t touched his arm it would have gone to the spurs player who was a couple of yards to his right. A handball even accidental that leads to the goal if now disallowed. The farce was Oliver not giving a penalty. And he wouldn’t have given it last year or the year before.

So basically the ref is a useless ****. Nowt new there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.