Var debate 2019/20

There'll be a ton of United and Liverpool fans pissing themselves laughing now,and quoting the rule.

Laugh it up boys it's coming for you soon.
I doubt it, the linesman put his flag up immediately to stop Norwich breaks with some calls wrong when he is meant to keep his flag down and didn’t Maguire commit a foul in the lead up to the rags 3rd goal that wasn’t over ruled

The problem is you assume everyone is upset about only the handball review and that the cheating with certain other league cash cows will be mitigated or eliminated with VAR.

No, i just assume if we take our chances like last weekend VAR can do what it likes and we'll be fine. When we piss arse about as we did today it can get us but on this occasion its perfectly right to do so.

Guardian report:
"By that stage City could legitimately feel they ought to have had a penalty for Lamela’s manhandling of Rodri from a corner. The referee, Michael Oliver, evidently did not think a player being grappled to the floor was worthy of being penalised. Neither did the VAR officials, mysteriously given this is precisely the sort of oversight they should be trying to put right."
Not much difficulty working out the writer's opinion (it's Daniel Taylor).

FWIW, feels like we are rapidly approaching that point with the “armpit offside” call, where a big fat 3D dashed line gives a 1 mm offside call. Sheer stupidity, especially because it is when you freeze frame the play that matters, and no one seems to be able to get close enough to the actual pass to be able to see when the pass is actually made!

Is it when he touches it? When it moves forward? Or when it leaves his foot? When an attacker is in the move, there is no way to say he is a few millimeters offside when you have no idea when the ball is actually PASSED to him!

This I will respond to; this makes no sense!

All the questions you asked are incorporated the millisecond the player touches the ball...

I doubt it, the linesman put his flag up immediately to stop Norwich breaks with some calls wrong when he is meant to keep his flag down and didn’t Maguire commit a foul in the lead up to the rags 3rd goal that wasn’t over ruled

Thought Abraham went over too easy,and didn't see the Pool game so can't comment.
Like I've said,if the rules aren't being applied 're Var it'll be very apparent in the next few months.Then I'll join in with the conspiracy stuff ;)

Stuart Pearce on the radio saying all the clubs voted for VAR so they can’t complain and should just accept it!!! Fuck me! Yeh and lots voted for brexit but not the way it’s being done. Lots voted Tory in, but not with boris Johnson as leader. What a thick, idiotic thing to say. Let’s just do what we’re told eh Stuart. Brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.