Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I genuinely have no desire to go Bournemouth next week now. I was at West Ham last week where the Sterling offside ruined the celebrations for the next goals even when VAR benefited us. Today I didn’t celebrate until after a few seconds.
I know it sounds daft but there’s more to football than seeing correct decisions. If I just wanted to see correct decisions then I’d stay and watch it at home. VAR just leaves me numb. Pre var if you got a decision it was a joy and if it went against you you’d have a moan and wait for MOTD to see if it was right or not. Everytime there’s a goal I don’t want to just stand soullessly until a man 100s miles away decides the outcome.
100% this.

What? I've never heard that. It was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors made by the referee. If a clear and obvious error is made then by definition the referee has seen it. That's the language that's been used by all the media so that's obviously how they were briefed on it.

Sounds like the whole FFP situation again, move the goalposts tto deliberately screw us over at the behest of the cartel clubs.
Just heard it on sly, I'm hearing more about this if the ref has seen it thing and less about the clear and obvious. Yeah probably are just making it up as we go along.

1. We absolutely battered Spurs and once we are all match fit no team will live with us
2. The game is bent
3. By the letter of the law the goal had to be disallowed however why was the tug on Laporte’s arm not spotted?
4. Why no pen in the first half. When every neutral is saying it’s a penalty you know it must be
5. The game is still bent
6. I still can’t forgive Oliver for not giving us four penalties in a recent derby so is it any wonder he didn’t give one today
7. Books Sterling then not Sissoko a few minutes later, why?
8. Spurs were made to look bang average by a side not yet up and running
9. The game is bent and VAR doesn’t make it better
10. We will win next week

So spurs thought we had scored the winner the ref and lineo thought we had scored the winner City thought we had scored the winner , us fans thought we had won it. A bloke in his shed decided everyone was wrong and ruled it our but screwed us over a pen in the first half. And we are to believe football is bent....

unfortunately the guy in the shed was right on the non goal (by the letter of the law) - it came off Laportes arm (he didnt mean it) but the new rule change has said regardlesss of accidental or not, if the incident leads to a goal then it is handball

I didnt see whether the the ref was looking at the incident so ill have to defer to a much cleaver cock in you on that one.

I did watch the game...

I thought it was a stonewall penalty the first time of seeing it....I blame the ref for making the wrong call - not VAR

But post match analysis for the past 20+ years has dined on missed grappling, holding and shoving in the box. It’s very difficult for the ref to see every little incident in the box when a corner or cross is going in (even though on this occasion it was occurring where the ball was.

It is what VAR is supposed to deal with, to eradicate foul play, I don’t see how you can blame the ref solely, he should have been ASSISTED by Graham Scott, the worst ref in the PL rota....

Please don’t defend them, the exact same scenario with the Dippers and Man U will result in a penalty...

Ok to all the VARites and people saying it’s not corrupt !

Question

If that’s Salah or Rashford getting pulled back in our area ,,,, is it a penalty or not ???!

Abso - fucking - lutely

How can you keep saying the ref was in the wrong but not the VAR team? It's pretty obvious Oliver got it wrong but if we give him the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) h only saw it once in real time, the VAR team saw it from multiple angles and still decided it wasn't a penalty so they're even more wrong than Oliver! That was the perfect example of a 'clear and obvious' error so if VAR isn't being used to correct shit decisions like that then what is it for? It seems to me that at the moment it's being used to rule out goals for ridiculous technicalities and millimetres but not to stamp out actual cheating, holding in the box, diving, etc. The decision to rule the goal out was probably correct to the letter of the law but only because the law has been changed to suit VAR, all elements of common sense and the joy of goals being scored have been removed from the game but the cheating is still fine it seems. That's what the problem with VAR is at the moment, you can tie yourself in knots trying to justify it but it's a fundamentally flawed and broken system the way it's being used and it will kill games of football for the majority of the teams in the competition.

This could all be cleared up in 10 seconds if they made the refs answer for their decisions

We don’t know what Oliver saw or the conversation he had, we should hear the conversation then the refs don’t get away with it.

Why is it always Spurs and Liverpool that benefit the most from stuff like this?

I'm sick of seeing their smug smiles at the end of a game, it was written all over their faces. They fully knew they'd got away with one there.

It feels better getting points when you don't deserve them sometimes. Snatching a win from the jaws defeat against the run of play for example. We don't get many of those results these days being so consistently good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.