Var debate 2019/20

ANd why did they kicked out the ref watching the screen? Yes, it takes more time, but they basically make var refs the main referee for some of the most important moments in the match. The main ref is basically running around and calling "tactical fouls" n the center of the pitch, while all important things are being decided by var referees. It's very, very easy job for main refs now, not responsible for anything important.

Did they say how they know that Oliver did that?

Is handball not black/white, and thus doesn't need a screen review? I don't know what the protocol is for that, but offsides need no screen review, so it seems puzzling that handball would.

Obviously this is coloured by the source being the notoriously ill-informed Talksport.

They said refs are given instruction by the VAR ref when a clear and obvious error has been made, but the final decision is the ref on the pitch who can review and is encouraged to.

Tbf that never happened last week either, but what is the point of the ref on the pitch if every VAR decision made by the ref in the VAR van is taken at face rather than checked.

What I don't get is that Michael Oliver is seen by the FA & PL as the no 1 ref in this country. The VAR today was Graham Scott, a ref who has only reffed a handful of PL games. There was no way he was going to have the balls to over rule him for the penalty. Also it took over 70 seconds for them to even announce it was even being reviewed as they allegedly review every goal, and over 2 minutes to announce it was disallowed. Yet the kick offs after the 4 goals that were allowed happened on average 32 seconds after the ball hit the net. If they are truly reviewing every goal then I simply don't believe it.

From elation to being on a downer in two minutes slumped in my seat.

Refs making mistakes on the field I can cope with, now ****s miles away can literally decide which way he wants a game to finish.

Time will tell Karen.
Save it for when that day comes.
I watched the dippers first game,time after time a norwich attack was ruled off when twice they were clearly on,the rags should have had a gosl chalked off for a foul in the build up,several of our goals have been ruled out,one by mm's where they had to look really hard and today sky and pep say it's not clear whose hand it came off,if there is doubt it should stand,they will never give us any benefit of the doubt and it's only game 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.