Var debate 2019/20

Interesting that on talksport they just said Oliver decided to take the VAR refs opinion rather than review himself even though they are encouraged to review any flagged one.

Seeing as even clattenberg has remarked Oliver is a shithouse and loves attention, no suprise the little twat never bothered.
I thought the ref didn't review? There's no screen to watch it on.

They said refs are given instruction by the VAR ref when a clear and obvious error has been made, but the final decision is the ref on the pitch who can review and is encouraged to.

Tbf that never happened last week either, but what is the point of the ref on the pitch if every VAR decision made by the ref in the VAR van is taken at face rather than checked.

exactly what I just wrote. The main referee is less important than linesmen now.

After 48 years of watching the Blues, this could be the season that finishes me, VAR is going to bring back the teams they want to be in the Big 4.It’s cheating, it’s that simple, and I’ve had enough of the powers that be taking the piss out of us.
I do believe it will bring back crowd trouble as well, it’s that divisive.

They have to show the review on screen. It is the ONLY way that fans will buy in. (Even then I am anti-VAR)...And they won't do this because that will mean transparency and that will not fit the agenda.

After 48 years of watching the Blues, this could be the season that finishes me, VAR is going to bring back the teams they want to be in the Big 4.It’s cheating, it’s that simple, and I’ve had enough of the powers that be taking the piss out of us.
I do believe it will bring back crowd trouble as well, it’s that divisive.
Said same to my dad as we left ground. The trouble will come as fans get pissed off and made to feel as we did today.

Many of us knew how VAR was going to be used. There's never been a goal scored that, if you look hard enough, you couldn't find a reason to disallow, particularly at corners.

I guarantee no dramatic Liverpool or United winner will be reviewed this season and the idea thst one might be disallowed is laughable. There will be trebles all round down at PL headquarters tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.