Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

As harsh as it seems the decision to disallow the 'winning' goal is probably correct under the current interpretation of the laws of the game (but I absolutely do not agree with it) - what I don’t get though is why the rugby tackle on Rodri was deemed not to be an obvious error - that looks like a classic case where, at the very least, the referee should be advised to review via the pitch side monitor. I wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC don’t even show it on MOTD

As I was at the ground I’d be interested to know what the so called impartial sky pundits made of it
Ratboy,tyler,harry junior all said they should have given us the pen,ratboy said the ref on var needs to be stronger,on the handball they said it was not clear who the ball hit

Should of been a penalty then not sure whose arm it’s hit
To be fair, as fuming as I am, that still picture is not of the moment it hits Laporte’s arm. That looks to be a few frames before. It did hit his arm, I’m more fuming over the penalty we should have had. And I’m curious to see what happens if it’s Liverpool in that situation.

As soon as the goals went in I stood and cheered for probably 2 seconds but then immediately sat down and turned to my mate and said it's not worth celebrating as we have to wait for VAR. For me it has ruined the occasion and needs sorting. The same will happen for other teams but the difference is that as we have the most attempts it will happen to us the most. If this continues the enjoyment of going to the game will disappear.

On the replay you can see it hit laporte's arm and go under the spurs players arm

Seriously Simon you are so defensive of VAR throughout this thread. I just don’t get it, the majority of posters judging by responses don’t get it. Are you Keith Hackett per chance?

Should of been a penalty then not sure whose arm it’s hit
I’m sure if it comes off the defenders hand accidentally the goal still gets chalked off and the game resumes with a hot ball unbelievable I know. Add to that the new hot ball rules are if it’s a “hot ball” in the box the ref just drops the ball to the keeper

Said the same last week but I genuinely wish I didn’t renew my season tickets. It’s fucking shit and unfair to allow celebrations then chalk it off 3 minutes later. Fuck VAR and fuck all them ****s at the FA who brought it in to manipulate football scores. Fat ****s

Me too. I was 50-50 for renewing this season - knowing in the back of my mind VAR would largely kill the excitement and flow of the game. Wish I hadn't bothered renewing now and I will be making this season my last. Much cheaper and easier to stay at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.