Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Instead of slapping ourselves on the back and saying wow, 30 shots and 10 on target, we really should be asking ourselves why 20 were off target and why only 2/3 led to actual goals. The sooner we address this issue and start rectifying it, the sooner we will remove VAR from the equation.

To add to that, the number of (missed) chances would be even higher if players didn’t routinely make the wrong decision in the build up.

Instead of slapping ourselves on the back and saying wow, 30 shots and 10 on target, we really should be asking ourselves why 20 were off target and why only 2/3 led to actual goals. The sooner we address this issue and start rectifying it, the sooner we will remove VAR from the equation.

To add to that, the number of (missed) chances would be even higher if players didn’t routinely make the wrong decision in the build up.

Behave

One other thing about the end of the game today that absolutely incensed me was (and I feel almost bad saying this) was the number of clearly ‘Tourist’ City ‘fans’ that seemed to enjoy the VAR incident. What the fuck has happened to the game.

I shall go to as many City matches as I can - all teams - and cast a daily eye on what you buggers are posting, and an occasional eye on the OS, but the rest of the 'football family' can go and fuck themelves with the shaft off a lino's flag. i have never returned from a match feeling so disinterested in the game. It's not just disappointment that we didn't win a game where we were clearly better in most areas, but I witness another 90 odd mins where impartiality from the ref, and a clear application of the LotG as they are written in black and white is so blatantly disapplied.

I feel your pain. I have waited so long to see city at the very top level, but this is a shit show. My kids who never had to live through the shit we have suffered over the years are also very disillusioned by this apparent selective implementation of the rules. After a couple more generous helpings of malt I may feel differently, but I’m not so sure

Well if it doesn’t matter and the refs word and var is gospel why the fuck are you posting on a fans forum

Shut down talksport sky and match of the day because people commenting on football doesn’t matter.

Football it’s all about opinions isn’t it . Nope ref said this so nobody can say anything on the point cos ref is right end of . Nobody else can have a view or say what they think on whether the ref is wrong or right . Close down bluemoon now opinions don’t matter

I think now that VAR has become a permanent fixture we need the refs to have a mike stuck up there noses post-match with a list of questions as to why they arbitrated what they did. I've got three after today's game. 1 Why, when the 'tackle' on the City player in the Spurs penalty area met all the criteria the LotG require for the award of a penalty, you saw fit to ignore it, 2 Which LotG did Bernardo infringe when he was sandwiched between the two Spurs players, and 3 Why did you not book the Spurs player for the foul on KdB which halted his part in the attack and only award the free kick, when you cautioned Sterling for his tackle by the touchline ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.