Var debate 2019/20

This is the only way I see it working .We would be 3 points better off today and we would have been in the semi finals of the European cup a few months ago. Although the review the showed for the Llorente goal was wank, didn’t show the angle which clearly showed he elbowed it.
Yet BT had several angles showing it after the match ended.

Var has ruined the game for the match going fan.
My seat will be empty next season.
There can be no spontaneity on goals.
It is no longer a goal until the ball is kicked again from the spot.
What is the point of going to the game any more.
In the ground we were clueless to why the decision had been made.
Might as well just stay at home and watch it on TV.

I went to the match and would normally go to the pub after instead I am sat at home, not talking to the missus or the dog as I am so wound up. The game is fucked,
I’ve done the same. Planned on having a night out tonight but I’m sat at home on me own now, gutted.

VAR will be an instrument used by the Premier league to prevent us winning the title , the Jesus goal against West Ham was a farce , it all depended on when the faceless guy at Stockley decided on which film/image frame to use , one frame earlier and Sterling is on side but he decided to use the later frame to signal offside , its simple corruption
Dont start saying that we got two VAR decisions at West Ham they were both clear and correct , we didn tget anything we didnt deserve.
The Laporte handball today made no difference to the goals and everyone missed it apart from another faceless **** at Stockley and the same **** decided not to inform Oliver that the incident with Rodri being man handled to the ground needed another look.
Pochetino made me laugh after the game that it will all even up at the end of the season , will it f*ck , we are so far ahead of the rest of the league and i include the deluded pretenders in red , that the Premier league cannot risk the title being finshed by Easter.

I'm willing to give it a chance for a season - it just needs to be consistent. Currently I'm not surprised to see the hate for it, we're getting shafted left and right and only 2 games in.

So far we're the team being screwed by it; but the offside rule and the handball rule seem to be fairly clearly set out for VAR usage - they simply cannot justify now not giving these same decisions against Liverpool/United/whoever. (Although saying that it appears the Premier League are misusing the official IFAB rules on this new handball rule; and according to those written rules Laporte shouldn't have been penalised as he didn't control the ball after it hit his arm (!)).

It's the penalty decision that's the most frustrating, because they cannot be consistent with that; sometimes we'll see them call down and give a penalty, and other times we won't.

For me it should have been implemented slower; starting with the clear cut decisions (e.g. just goals where offside is in question, or where handball is in question), so that we can be eased in to how it will work. Rather than thrusting it into all aspects of the game at once, but hey.

Var has ruined the game for the match going fan.
My seat will be empty next season.
There can be no spontaneity on goals.
It is no longer her a goal until the ball is kicked again from the spot.
What is the point of going to the game any more.
In the ground we were clueless to why the decision had been made.
Might as well just stay at home and watch it on TV.
Yep , me too , actually this season mine will be empty...unless someone buys it

I'm willing to give it a chance for a season - it just needs to be consistent. Currently I'm not surprised to see the hate for it, we're getting shafted left and right and only 2 games in.

So far we're the team being screwed by it; but the offside rule and the handball rule seem to be fairly clearly set out for VAR usage - they simply cannot justify now not giving these same decisions against Liverpool/United/whoever. (Although saying that it appears the Premier League are misusing the official IFAB rules on this new handball rule; and according to those written rules Laporte shouldn't have been penalised as he didn't control the ball after it hit his arm (!)).

It's the penalty decision that's the most frustrating, because they cannot be consistent with that; sometimes we'll see them call down and give a penalty, and other times we won't.

For me it should have been implemented slower; starting with the clear cut decisions (e.g. just goals where offside is in question, or where handball is in question), so that we can be eased in to how it will work. Rather than thrusting it into all aspects of the game at once, but hey.

We have seen West Ham penalised for a goaly moving off his line and then the Liverpool keeper not penalised for the same thing this week. It’s shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.