Var debate 2019/20

Absolutely, it will be used against the teams they dislike ( City), used in favour for the rags and dippers and the new media darlings Spurs.

Nothing new about Spurs being media darlings. In the early days of MotD they were never off. Someone wrote in to the BBC and complained that Spurs were on too often. The week they listened to the punters and went elsewhere we battered 'em at Maine Road 6-2. Neil and Waggy were unplayable.

No, you've misread.

I personally don't buy the agenda idea. So I don't expect we'll "get screwed by it". But clearly so far we've been the team that's come off worst after 2 games of the season.

If come the end of the season Liverpool & United & Spurs have had similar goals disallowed for seemingly very harsh reasons, but because of these new offside/handball strictness rules - then so be it, at least it will have been consistent.

Will I end up liking its impact in a years time? Not sure, it felt like we've been screwed over a lot in recent years by decisions that VAR could absolutely have helped us with - so hopefully we'll get our fair share of decisions go our way also. If it then feels like the game is "fairer", and it hasn't totally ruined how the game flows, then I may well like it.

No I didnt misread at all. You clearly said we are the team being screwed by it but you are willing to give it time !!

Right my fuckin arse

with rule in charge, it is. Rule is shit, but it's there. If we wanted llorente's goal dismissed, than this one should be too.

The problem is that even City fans and players are giving more attention in public to that decision, than to earlier penalty ones. Allowing them to suck us into not more than 50-50 discussion, while stonewall clear ones are not mentioned at all now.

I'll try and stick the season out but it will definitely be my last. At least it shows that the corruption is now out in the open under the guise of VAR. Scudamore has finally found a way to implement his wish.

Was close to accepting a job here in the USA with Hawk-Eye, the company running VAR for the Premier League and other leagues. know a fair bit about it, this was my message to them after last years quarter final. It is clear that the way the system is operating is not going to work, creates more room for interpretation. VAR will be the death of football, I realised this just in time one would say. bastards

with rule in charge, it is. Rule is shit, but it's there. If we wanted llorente's goal dismissed, than this one should be too.

The problem is that even City fans and players are giving more attention in public to that decision, than to earlier penalty ones. Allowing them to suck us into not more than 50-50 discussion, while stonewall clear ones are not mentioned at all now.
There's no rules in football mate and now there's no fucking spontaneity either.

T

The general consensus from the media and pundits is Sterlings offside was too close to call and the goal should have been given at West Ham , today Rodri was fouled for a penalty and was not inexpicably reviwed by VAR , and Laporte's handball was also very harsh
The two decisions in our favour where more clear cut , Sterling was definitely onside for his 2nd goal at West Ham , and Rice clearly gained an advantage by nearly 2 metres to clear the penalty rebound
In two games we have been screwed three times , which other Premier league team has suffered so many decisions in the first couple of games , and certainly not the Rags or Dippers
With due respect i think you are incorrect if you think there isnt an agenda after just witnessing at the first two games , and this will continue all season , VAR will decide the Premier league title , not football excellence.

Nothing more certain. We waltzed to the title two seasons ago. Last season, even after falling to Leicester, Palace and NUFC, and the Dippers only losing one game, we still took the title. Teams cannot produce a level of excellence that will outshine what we deliver, so they will have to find another strategy. Lo and behold, along comes VAR. Let's see how many times a penalty is reviewed this season and is awarded by VAR, not just for the Dippers or the Rags, even though they will get the lion's share, but across the PL. I ain't watching MotD until Murphy is removed, so someone else will have to do the counting. I await, not with bated breath, but I expect the first one will be along within the next few weeks, for the comment down a ref's earpiece "Michael, I think you have made a clear and obvious error there in not awarding a penalty. Do you want me to review it?'

The biggest problem I have is. If that handball was liverpool would if of been disallowed?. Unless somebody shows the handball in the replay nobody would of been none the wiser.
You’re right mate VAR allows for the greatest and most covert amount of corruption the game has ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.