Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

It doesn’t work mate because it’s a totally different fucking sport!! Comparing football to cricket and tennis is ridiculous. Why try to make all sports operate in the same way??? It’s this stupid mentality I can’t stand.

Oh and cricket and tennis are gash sports.
So I take it you back think VAR is being used fairly then?
It’s about making officials accountable and not reviewing Rodri’s rugby tackle was an absurd decision, beyond corrupt.

Got my first proper look at Rodri today. Wow! He's going to be brilliant for us!

As frustrating as the disallowed goal was Jesus still finished it extremely well. He needs to start right now, be it with or for Aguero.

Gundogon starting in his favoured attacking midfield role? Not against Spurs for me. Disappointed when I saw the team sheet. I'd have David, Bernardo or Foden ahead of him.

Because both of those sports don’t include subjective decisions, it’s always a right or wrong. That doesn’t work for football.
My gripe is with what gets reviewed and what doesn’t. Are you really going to tell me that officials could defend that assault on Rodri?

So I take it you back think VAR is being used fairly then?
It’s about making officials accountable and not reviewing Rodri’s rugby tackle was an absurd decision, beyond corrupt.
No I don’t at all my point is it can’t work in football. Cricket and tennis are black and white decisions, it’s out, it hit the stump or knocked an edge. VAR doesn’t work in cases like today and is making a nonsense of offside. Rules are being changed to accommodate it. It’s a fucking joke that the game didn’t need.

Just rewatching on MOTD as I’m a glutton for punishment .....what is amazing is the fact that Oliver is looking directly at that assault on Rodri and doesn’t give anything. But now he can just suggest VAR said no review and he’s totally absolved of any blame for missing it. Fucking joke.

No I don’t at all my point is it can’t work in football. Cricket and tennis are black and white decisions, it’s out, it hit the stump or knocked an edge. VAR doesn’t work in cases like today and is making a nonsense of offside. Rules are being changed to accommodate it. It’s a fucking joke that the game didn’t need.
I agree that VAR should not be used in football but as it’s here to stay I want to see it used properly.

My gripe is with what gets reviewed and what doesn’t. Are you really going to tell me that officials could defend that assault on Rodri?

No, I was just saying the difference between the sports.

The Rodri one, I thought absolutely should have been overturned. As far as I’m concerned , they’ve now made a rod for their own backs in that I think they will try with those wherever possible to stay with the on field refs decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.