Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Not if he fouled and dragged his arm back, to cause the handball both on Laporte and himself. His actions caused both. Penalty.

City-Spurs-handball-decision.jpg

In a parallel universe perhaps. In this world, they were purely indifferent to review the Rodri incident, as you already know. The VAR official didn't even bother to check it out, you can only assume the play was so obvious in his eyes, the moment it occured. And Oliver was advised accordingly (if he was advised: perhaps there was nothing to be advised for, as nothing happened?).

It could be that you're asking / expecting too much...

There certainly feels something very wrong about 50,000 people celebrating a late winner for a full minute ... only to then have a TV screen pop up with "NO GOAL"
.. at the whim of some faceless person sitting in a room many miles away.

Not sure how many more times I can take that happening in games this season, before I just break down and cry.

Yes, refs have always made mistakes and missed things ... but at least you knew immediately at the time.

There certainly feels something very wrong about 50,000 people celebrating a late winner for a full minute ... only to then have a TV screen pop up with "NO GOAL"
.. at the whim of some faceless person sitting in a room many miles away.

Not sure how many more times I can take that happening in games this season, before I just break down and cry.

Yes, refs have always made mistakes and missed things ... but at least you knew immediately at the time.
Yep, if it was within 3 seconds it would be a bit easier to accept. A full minute later is a complete farce.

In a parallel universe perhaps. In this world, they were purely indifferent to review the Rodri incident, as you already know. The VAR official didn't even bother to check it out, you can only assume the play was so obvious in his eyes, the moment it occured. And Oliver was advised accordingly (if he was advised: perhaps there was nothing to be advised for, as nothing happened?).

It could be that you're asking / expecting too much...
Even with the disallowed goal it feels like they are looking for any excuse to rule it out and make us drop points. They had to have known at half time, everyone saw they missed the penalty shout.

Although it's the weaker claim of the two we had, they could fully justify giving a penalty there and still rule out the goal if they must. It's not like anyone would argue there wasn't a pull on the arm, some may say it is harsh to give a foul but then so is the handball itself and so was not giving Rodri a penalty. Strict letter of the law on one rule but not the other in the same incident doesn't seem right either.

I suppose they may have been too focused on the handball to look for anything else. I'm not really sure what they would do if they spotted it though. Would they discount the handball because of the pull on the arm and the goal stands or would they give two decisions(handball and a penalty for the foul before it)?

Wouldn't that have been hilarious if the two decisions were separated? Rule out the goal.... Spurs players and fans celebrate... but wait it's going back to VAR again for an earlier incident... and the ref points to the spot. Spurs fans faces drop, Gundogan scores.

Either way the conversation would be so different had they given us something today. It seems they are not interested in balance. City dropping points is more important to them perhaps...

Last edited:
I don't like cricket oh NO!!
After today we are all conspiritory theorists. What a scandal and total joke of a system. The only fair system would be similar to Rugby but may not suit football. Into wine bottle number two now and was too angry to watch the shitshow on BBC

Even with the disallowed goal it feels like they are looking for any excuse to rule it out and make us drop points. They had to have known at half time, everyone saw they missed the penalty shout.

Although it's the weaker claim of the two we had, they could fully justify giving a penalty there and still rule out the goal if they must. It's not like anyone would argue there wasn't a pull on the arm, some may say it is harsh to give a foul but then so is handball itself and so was not giving Rodri a penalty.

I suppose they may have been too focused on the handball to look for anything else. I'm not really sure what they would do if they spotted it though. Would they discount the handball because of the pull on the arm and the goal stands or would they give two decisions(handball and a penalty for the foul before it)?

Either way the conversation would be so different had they given us something today. It seems they are not interested in balance. City dropping points is more important to them perhaps...

What kind of a reply do you want me to give you, my friend? How about restructuring 3 sentences of your post:

"They are looking for any excuse to rule it out and make us drop points. They are not interested in balance (/ justice, may I add). City dropping points is more important to them." Period...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.