#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard game to come into. People forgetting David was invisible too.
That is true he found it hard to influence the game. But I don't think he lost the ball as many times as Mahrez did. He is also our greatest ever player so he naturally gets an easier ride rightly or wrongly.

Surprised he didn’t start after his MOTM at West Ham. Hope this didn’t contribute to his poor show today as sub.

Yes I'm sure your other 300 posts slagging off Mahrez were all jokes too.
I admit I'm not a big fan of his. When he has a good game I am chuffed to bits. But sadly they were pretty infrequent last season. Most fans i know and speak to have been underwhelmed since he arived as our record buy. I hope he has a much better coming season.

i told my freind few hours ago that mahrez was blamed for the whol thing by you guys as a joke
but OMG it's true

I implore all those who are slagging Mahrez off to watch the game again.

He was forced to overplay because of the complete lack of movement around him. Compare when he got the ball on the corner of the box to the 1st Half when we had it in similar positions. KDB in particular just stopped moving and offered him absolutely nothing in taking a player away from him or giving him a passing option.

I was one of his greatest critics last season but I'm not having the criticism of him today. Re-watch it back without the emotion and you'll see he had to try and force it because of lack of options.

Shame he didn't start so he can get some understanding with Walker. When he came on he tried too hard with not so much as NY minutes left.

He was poor in his brief stint yesterday but by that point the whole team had run out of ideas and we were at walking pace. He trying to take on two defenders with no obvious alternative to make a pass and so kept losing the ball.

I was somewhat bemused by Pep’s subs yesterday. Aguero should have been subbed earlier, Gundogan should have been taken off not Rodri and both Mahrez & Silva should have got longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.