Var debate 2019/20

Said it before, and I’ll say it again — until we move to a coach’s challenge situation where there are a limited number of challenges a match called by a manager, VAR will continue to be a/the lead story after every round of matches. The current system will not and cannot work. The logical extension of VAR is to stop a match every 5-10 minutes, to check for any coming together as a foul, for any contested ball as a corner or goal kick and any offside. Look at Liverpool today. Linesman told not to flag on close offsides. Robertson clearly offside on a play but it doesn’t result in a goal. But Liverpool get to keep possession for another two minutes, exhausting Soton, and THEN score. The implementation was simply not thought through.

VAR is fine. The people behind it and the ones incorporating it are grade A morons.

How can it be fine, when it hands the ability to decide results to those 'morons' or biased/corrupt individuals ?

I predicted exactly this on record, on here, two years ago & have argued the point ever since.

Why the fuck some folks are still not seeing it for what it is, completely stumps me.

We are NOT going to benefit from this, no matter how many changes they make, no matter even if they really try to be unbiased. The same clubs, will benefit & they will still complain that they are hard done by & find statistical evidence, which proves it.

If var stays then I’ll have to look elsewhere for my weekend di
If var stays then I’ll have to look elsewhere for my weekend enjoyment
No disrespect but man the fuck up nath. We battered spurs they had nowt. We drew at home. Created a shed load of chances and looked the bollox. Yeah we conceded 2 soft goals and var went against us for the pen and the goal but on another day we batter them. our title wasn't lost today my friend

How can it be fine, when it hands the ability to decide results to those 'morons' or biased/corrupt individuals ?

I predicted exactly this on record, on here, two years ago & have argued the point ever since.

Why the fuck some folks are still not seeing it for what it is, completely stumps me.

We are NOT going to benefit from this, no matter how many changes they make, no matter even if they really try to be unbiased. The same clubs, will benefit & they will still complain that they are hard done by & find statistical evidence, which proves it.
I've been calling out VAR since its inception. Unaccountable human in the loop; open to abuse and corruption.

I've been calling out VAR since its inception. Unaccountable human in the loop; open to abuse and corruption.

Same here.

I don't believe today was an example of that. Purely someone in a box, thinking they need to be involved & ruining, again, a fantastic end to a game.

Bu the truly bent stuff will come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.