Is passion being stripped out of the game?

Fame Monster

VAR is the biggest example of this where you've got to wait 5 minutes before you can celebrate a goal but today, the atmosphere was shite, no worse than a mid-winter game against Norwich but for our first game at home against Spurs, it was dreadful. So is VAR, ever-increasing ticket prices, gentrification of the game or rather touristication of the game, half and half scarves, and so many other ideas/schemes that completely eviscerate the passion of the game responsible for it? And if not today, then is it gonna get worse and worse with the direction the game is heading in?

Football is undergoing a sea-change. So much so that it will bear no comparison with the game that attracted me in the first place. There have been referees over the years who might have had the greatest understanding of the LotG but not a clue about their application. We have a set up now where the vaguest, faintest, imperceptible contacts of arm with ball are scrutinised to forensic proportions and on the other hand a blatant penalty wafted away with ne'er a blush! We have been cheated today by the ref applying his version of the LotG. It's been going on for season after season, and now they can use the implementation of VAR as a smokescreen to determine the result of a game.

I was at the game and thought the atmosphere wasn't bad. Both sets of fans went quiet at 2-2 in the second half as it was a bit nervy. Var is shit I don't celebrate goals now and that's the whole reason we attend games. Next season I'll spend my £650 on all the sports channels and watch it on the box.

I was at the game and thought the atmosphere wasn't bad. Both sets of fans went quiet at 2-2 in the second half as it was a bit nervy. Var is shit I don't celebrate goals now and that's the whole reason we attend games. Next season I'll spend my £650 on all the sports channels and watch it on the box.
Get in top of southj stand pal.
£320
Nightmare going for a piss at half time tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.