Var debate 2019/20

Really can see myself falling out of love with the game.
I felt like that.
Ironic isn't it we had all those years in the wilderness when we won nowt, all we did was laugh and moan a bit.
Now we have the best side the prem has ever seen, and var is dividing us. Who the fuck cares? I couldn't care less I just enjoy the quality on display. Ignore the shite and enjoy the football. We are more than good enough to piss this league

Spot on. Games a bogey mate.

It’s not VAR itself it’s the way it’s being applied. It should be used to rectify clear and obvious errors which we all thought it would.
We were told that the on pitch ref would still have the final say wherever possible, as was the case in the WC when I thought it worked quite well. It appears that is not the case either.

Bringing in this nonsensical handball rule at the same time as VAR is just stupid beyond words, and for some reason this is one of the occasions along with offside when the on field ref’s decision will not take precedence.

And wouldn't that be something.
Win the league with 100 perfect VAR approved goals, maybe that's the new dream!? Good/bad decisions always seemed to even out, and that was part of the game! We will tally up VAR decisions as the season goes on, who wants to bet against this, I say we have more against us that cost points than the media darlings combined? Ones in our favour will be pointless game over already ones? We will see. My verdict is in, it ruins the game and is bent as fuck

We need a simple song with a strong message about how we feel on being shafted by VAR. Something easy to sing, quirky and unique.....

To Rock The Casbah/The Clash

Our Sheikh said he don't like it
(Said)fuck the bent var, fuck the bent var

Our Sheikh don't like it
fuck the bent var, fuck the bent var

Our Sheikh don't like it
fuck the bent var, fuck the bent var

Sung with a two fingered salute to a officialdom

Thoughts?

I felt like that.
Ironic isn't it we had all those years in the wilderness when we won nowt, all we did was laugh and moan a bit.
Now we have the best side the prem has ever seen, and var is dividing us. Who the fuck cares? I couldn't care less I just enjoy the quality on display. Ignore the shite and enjoy the football. We are more than good enough to piss this league
Would probably still watch on tv, but whats the point in going to games when you can’t even celebrate properly?

Win the league with 100 perfect VAR approved goals, maybe that's the new dream!? Good/bad decisions always seemed to even out, and that was part of the game! We will tally up VAR decisions as the season goes on, who wants to bet against this, I say we have more against us that cost points than the media darlings combined? Ones in our favour will be pointless game over already ones? We will see. My verdict is in, it ruins the game and is bent as fuck
You are probably correct in your prediction, and it is ruining the game as we see it but we are only 2 games into a long season. My point is we are too good a side to let it worry us yet. I'd be more worried if I was managing a side that hadn't won a league title for 30 years. I'm not convinced Klopp is rubbing his hands thinking var will help him win the title.
In the same way pep knows he won't retain it just because of var.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.