Var debate 2019/20

Would probably still watch on tv, but whats the point in going to games when you can’t even celebrate properly?
I can't answer that question to be honest, and it's sad that it's even a question when it comes to city and all we have achieved. I guess it's a personal thing and I wouldn't slag anyone off for not going because of var .
If it's taken the joy out of the game for you I must admit that can't be good for city and I'm sure you're not alone. It truly is appalling that this directive has caused so much unrest in the match going community. But we must remember that what we have been through makes us stronger than all the rest. We are not, and have never been self entitled, or arrogant, or cocky . Unlike others. We should, and will, rise above the conspiracy (if indeed there is one) and prove we are better because we play fair. I say bring var if you want, it wouldnt have stopped us supporting city when we were shit, it certainty won't fucking stop us now.

Am I missing something here or do these rules state that our goal shouldn't have been ruled out?
• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm - a goal directly from a handball Llorente style?

• a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity - Laporte never gained control/possesion of the ball

• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm) - neither are applicable

Does anybidy even know the handball rules anymore? It's all so vague at the moment it's frankly ridiculous.
You.have.hit.the.nail.on.the.head Sir.
Great Post.

I’m hoping that as good as we are, over the season, var will have far more damaging consequences on dips and rags and other teams that rely on the odd crafty goal to win a few games.

If I am wrong then at seasons end it will tell it’s own story by how many were chalked off for us vs the others....

VAR is fucking Shit
Oh VAR is fucking shit
Unless your rags, spurs or scousers
Oh VAR is fucking shit

Its fucking shit....

VAR is the worst thing happened to football. And I am all for technology, but please keep your corrupt technology from ruining the spontaneity of the game that I have been enjoying for years and years. Refs’ mistakes have been a traditional part of the game everywhere, and mostly will even by the end of the season. But these mistakes didn’t stopped the flow and speed of the game. VAR is painful to watch not only for the match-going fans but for those who watch the game on TV as well.
I think It's far easier to sit at home watching it on TV. At least you can go and get a beer out of the fridge and light a cig when you realise it's not a goal. If you're really angry you can boot the TV screen in! Bit drastic I suppose, but I was watching the game live only 20m or so from spurs fans going mental a minute after we'd gone mental, then taunting us. I think It's only a matter of time before it kicks off bigtime in the stadium and streets. And The English FA with this bullshit VAR bollocks will only have themselves to blame.

I think It's far easier to sit at home watching it on TV. At least you can go and get a beer out of the fridge and light a cig when you realise it's not a goal. If you're really angry you can boot the TV screen in! Bit drastic I suppose, but I was watching the game live only 20m or so from spurs fans going mental a minute after we'd gone mental, then taunting us. I think It's only a matter of time before it kicks off bigtime in the stadium and streets. And The English FA with this bullshit VAR bollocks will only have themselves to blame.

Agree this should lead to violence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.