Var debate 2019/20

So we are two games into the new season and even after trying to get a night's sleep on it I still feel angry and robbed, and I am 'just' a fan. I thought VAR would make it harder for the refs to cheat us, how wrong was I. I guess both our ruled out goals were right but only by the smallest if margins. Both times non of the opposing players appealed, both times the ref gave a goal. So how can some person hundreds of miles away in his shed be allowed to over rule it ?. But how the hell with the use of VAR was that not a pen ?? That's the one I dont get , the only way that isn't s pen using VAR is that the game is BENT. I cant come up with any other reason not to give a pen.
I was hoping to wake up this morning and be back in love with football but I'm not. I think it's going to take a few days for that to happen, I hope it does because at the moment I dont even feel like coming up to my first match of the season on the 31st. I hate feeling like this but my brain cant work out how everyone is allowed to cheat us , write shit stories about us. I hope Pep, the staff and everyone can lift the players as I think this could be a very long and dodge season. I hope to see a dipperpool or scum pen not given or a goal ruled out than I might think VAR is fair but my gut thinks it wont ....for the sake of football I hope I am wrong

CTID

“The referees’ chief Mike Riley has revealed that video assistant referees will not impose the tough line on handballs in the Premier League next season that has led to numerous controversial penalties in the Women’s World Cup and Champions League.

Riley, the managing director of the Professional Game Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL), said that many of the penalties awarded for handball in the Women’s World Cup and Champions League — including those awarded against Tottenham Hotspur’s Danny Rose and Moussa Sissoko in the Champions League quarter-final and final respectively — would not be given in the Premier League.

The former top-flight referee said that officials will be told to minimise the disruptive impact of VARs by having “a high line of intervention”. It comes after fears that overuse of video reviews is ruining the flow and spectacle of the game. Despite the handball law, which came into force across all competitions last month, Riley thinks that there is flexibility for English football to interpret it in a way that will not cause a big increase in the number of spot-kicks.

It was revealed last month that VARs in the Premier League will not rule on whether a goalkeeper moves off the line at penalties, leaving that decision to on-field officials, and that referees will be told not to consult pitchside monitors to minimise delays

So Mr rag Riley what changed, did Mr Graham Scott not get the message, or did he apply the exception, except when it’s City?
Spot on, Swarbrick and Taylor were on Sky and said they would not look at anything that was not a “clear and obvious” ref mistake, they would also only replay the incident at full speed so the VAR ref could empathise with the on field ref. They took so long it was definitely the case they slowed the passage of play down and looked for something that definitely was not “clear and obvious” bent fucking twats.

Same as FFP though. The level of corruption in the game winds me up so much that sometimes I can't sleep. Then I think of walking away. Then I think that's why I 'm a City fan. If I didn't want any of this, I'd support the dippers or the rags.

The answer is for the team to get better and for our fans to galvanise themselves to visibly demonstrate against it. The whole ground to remain silent next time we score, or turn our backs or hold up cards with the word "Corruption" or a big banner saying "we know what you are up to David Gill". Anything other than walking away and giving up.

FFP doesn't have the same immediate detrimental impact on the match day experience though.

So
We are going to get fucked again when this weekend is analysed.

The interpretation will change and it'll hurt us.

Because it should have been a penalty on rodders AND the handball rule is being interpreted wrongly.

Laporte did not create the goal which is the rule. If the rule said assisted or interfered then yes but it says created
No meaning of the word created can represent what he inadvertently did.

Its a typical uefa mess and once again it gives the opportunity to fuck us.

Must admit it was hard to take in the moment but now having calmed down and having time to review the decision it was a clear and obvious handball and we should all be thankful we play in such a wonderful league which can make use of such ground breaking and advanced technology

I'm sorry i just had to :P
Was it?

From what I saw on MOTD it could have been either Laporte or the spuds defender. I replayed it 10 times frame by frame and still none the wiser. Are you able to show definitively that it was Laporte's arm ?
Do VAR have. A different viewing angle, if so where is it?

Four goals scored yesterday. From inside the ground it appeared that non of them were looked at by VAR, it certainly didn't appear on the big screen. One has to ask why not? Why that particular goal when nothing untoward was seen on the pitch or by anyone at the ground? It took several replays to see it but why look in the first place?

FFP doesn't have the same immediate detrimental impact on the match day experience though.

True but it's even more corrosive in that it serves to undermine everything we have and continue to achieve.

There's a limit to the number of times they can disallow our goals. It's already obvious to anyone with eyes what's going on. The two points we were deducted yesterday may well cost us the league but giving up is never the answer.

Four goals scored yesterday. From inside the ground it appeared that non of them were looked at by VAR, it certainly didn't appear on the big screen. One has to ask why not? Why that particular goal when nothing untoward was seen on the pitch or by anyone at the ground? It took several replays to see it but why look in the first place?

This is the real question. The referee in the ground is, at least, open to scrutiny. There is no audit or control whatsoever of the man in the van. He is absolutely unaccountable.

So we are two games into the new season and even after trying to get a night's sleep on it I still feel angry and robbed, and I am 'just' a fan. I thought VAR would make it harder for the refs to cheat us, how wrong was I. I guess both our ruled out goals were right but only by the smallest if margins. Both times non of the opposing players appealed, both times the ref gave a goal. So how can some person hundreds of miles away in his shed be allowed to over rule it ?. But how the hell with the use of VAR was that not a pen ?? That's the one I dont get , the only way that isn't s pen using VAR is that the game is BENT. I cant come up with any other reason not to give a pen.
I was hoping to wake up this morning and be back in love with football but I'm not. I think it's going to take a few days for that to happen, I hope it does because at the moment I dont even feel like coming up to my first match of the season on the 31st. I hate feeling like this but my brain cant work out how everyone is allowed to cheat us , write shit stories about us. I hope Pep, the staff and everyone can lift the players as I think this could be a very long and dodge season. I hope to see a dipperpool or scum pen not given or a goal ruled out than I might think VAR is fair but my gut thinks it wont ....for the sake of football I hope I am wrong

CTID
The ruled out goal was not correct yesterday, it was not “hand to ball” deliberately played, it was merely the ball brushing off Eric with no detrimental effect to the defence of the passage of play. It was hardly Maradona esque

True but it's even more corrosive in that it serves to undermine everything we have and continue to achieve.

There's a limit to the number of times they can disallow our goals. It's already obvious to anyone with eyes what's going on. The two points we were deducted yesterday may well cost us the league but giving up is never the answer.

Agreed that giving up is not the answer but I can definitely see the match going fan choosing to spend their money elsewhere if VAR continues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.