Var debate 2019/20

VAR when first touted was for clear and obvious errors, neither of our 2 goals this season were clear and obvious errors and so on the original principles, which I still fully support, neither should have been disallowed.

Unfortunately, the animal farm principle has been applied, and VAR is now the referee, this has happened under the radar, it's been a rapidly creeping (didn't even know that was possible) expansion of its influence.

Now, instead of clear and obvious errors, all errors are equal. I confidently expect that, once Liverpool and United find themselves in similar situations to our in the opening 2 games, we will discover that some errors are more equal than others

The ruled out goal was not correct yesterday, it was not “hand to ball” deliberately played, it was merely the ball brushing off Eric with no detrimental effect to the defence of the passage of play. It was hardly Maradona esque

Yes I know it wasnt handball I was trying to make myself feel better !!

PS it didnt work still pissed off !

Agreed that giving up is not the answer but I can definitely see the match going fan choosing to spend their money elsewhere if VAR continues

I agree but the only "match going fans" who are going to be consistently subjected to this is us.

No criticism but I hope those who are threatening to pack it in will reconsider and support the team through this assault on our club. It won't last forever.

VAR when first touted was for clear and obvious errors, neither of our 2 goals this season were clear and obvious errors and so on the original principles, which I still fully support, neither should have been disallowed.

Unfortunately, the animal farm principle has been applied, and VAR is now the referee, this has happened under the radar, it's been a rapidly creeping (didn't even know that was possible) expansion of its influence.

Now, instead of clear and obvious errors, all errors are equal. I confidently expect that, once Liverpool and United find themselves in similar situations to our in the opening 2 games, we will discover that some errors are more equal than others
We are being ‘refereed ‘ differently, that’s plain to see, fans of other clubs will laugh at us and call us whingers.....until it happens to them but it won’t be happening to Liverpool or Utd....that’s the whole point of this “experiment” .

VAR gives officials an excuse to look for a reason to disallow a goal, this will kill the game, goal celebrations will become a thing of the past, the game as we know it is dead. Also it will be very interesting to see how many controversial decisions go against any of the other top teams around us, especially the Dippers and the Rags.

I agree but the only "match going fans" who are going to be consistently subjected to this is us.

No criticism but I hope those who are threatening to pack it in will reconsider and support the team through this assault on our club. It won't last forever.
They’ve created new game that I want no part of , it’s not easy to give up after 40 years, my whole social life revolves round City but I feel I have to, they’ve stolen the game I love . VAR has killed it stone dead for me.

That’s what I said last night on the coach going home, a few Blues saying that’s them done with going to the match, it’s what the fuckers of the old G14 want, grind us down, it’s not happening, history will show we don’t pack it in because of the corrupt twats trying to dry bum us.

Surely, the whole point of var was to stop the conversations in the metaphorical pub starting......how the fuck did the ref not see it.

And like any good idea, the fools get hold of it and fuck it up.

Var is now shit and spoiling football for the match going fan. Great for tv as more controversial moments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.