Var debate 2019/20

That’s what I said last night on the coach going home, a few Blues saying that’s them done with going to the match, it’s what the fuckers of the old G14 want, grind us down, it’s not happening, history will show we don’t pack it in because of the corrupt twats trying to dry bum us.
Wouldn’t surprise me if were 5,000 down next home match

They’ve created new game that I want no part of , it’s not easy to give up after 40 years, my whole social life revolves round City but I feel I have to, they’ve stolen the game I love . VAR has killed it stone dead for me.
Stick your chest out, be defiant and don’t let some Weasley twats ruin the experience of supporting this brilliant Club, just fuck em, that’s all.

Stick your chest out, be defiant and don’t let some Weasley twats ruin the experience of supporting this brilliant Club, just fuck em, that’s all.
Done that plenty of times pal , enough is enough now, until Var is scrapped I won’t be at another game.

what i can't get my head round on the VAR decision to rule out the 3rd 'goal' for handball is.......
nobody seemed to appeal, or think there may have been a handball to warrant the use of VAR to 'find' a handball.
somebody, somewhere decided to look at replays to find the offence, in doing so they must have seen all the passage of play to determine where the 'offence' took place.
now i'm not against the rule where any instance of ball touching an arm rules out a goal as i can see there being consistency with it ,BUT,
while the VAR crew were studying the footage to find the handball offence, how the hell did they not see, or acknowledge the clear pulling on Laporte a second before he 'handled' the ball?
the right decision should have been goal disallowed due to handball, spot kick awarded for a foul in the penalty area surely?

Definite penalty missed, didn't need VAR for it but the fact it didn't rule it a pen suggests incompetence on behalf of operator. Goal being ruled out was an extreme interpretation of the new ruling, completely destroying the game as a 'sporting' spectacle. How long before fans at a game get on the pitch and take it out on an official. Many more of these games changers at the death could see it. Needs to be reviewed urgently as too many of these will turn fans away. Every player on the Spurs team and bench plus the management were openly laughing at that decision. I'll wait for scum or diapers to be on the receiving end before fuckwits slackened off the interpretation

Posted this in the post match thread but probably should have gone in here

That non penalty decision is a classic example where the VAR official should have advised the ref to go and review it on a monitor once there is a break in play (or the attack is over) - he's not over ruling him and leaving it with the on field official but saying - it’s not a clear and obvious error but you need to take a look. It wouldn’t surprise me if this becomes a 'learning point' and they tweak the process - that way we can get shafted by it in the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.