Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

30 shots to 3 and it ended 2-2, this is where we should be focusing our minds on
Yeah but if we'd scored 5, 3 of them would have been chalked off.

Because that's what vAR is for. Faceless cheats analysing every movement and punishing what they want to punish, ignoring what they want to ignore.

It's a cheats paradise. No comeback, no accountability, just the perfect way to fix games. That no-one in the media is calling this out, is staggering.

Even IF this whole thing is not corrupt already (which I seriously doubt), then it is so open to corruption that questions must be asked and changes made. As it stands it enables bent officials to drive a coach and horses through the rule book.

Even IF this whole thing is not corrupt already (which I seriously doubt), then it is so open to corruption that questions must be asked and changes made. As it stands it enables bent officials to drive a coach and horses through the rule book.

Before VAR the referee was accountable on the pitch and could be demoted if he had a bad game. The unaccountability of it all like anything in life lends itself to possible corruption.

Still not sure why Oliver didn't give the penalty. He saw it but chose to ignore then had the nerve to say it wasn't given on his earpiece!! If that wasn't an abrigation of his authority I don't know what is. Handing over the refereeing of the game to someone else then blaming them for his mistake.
I bet they were saying it’s your call because they won’t over rule him

We have always said that we have some sh1t referees so it should come as no surprise that those same referees are sh1t behind a camera.

What I will say is that we go again next game but be sure we put away the chances we create. All the more reason to get behind the team and show we will NOT be deterred by VAR. Time to stick together and stick two fingers up at the clowns in charge.

THREEPEAT

That non penalty decision is a classic example where the VAR official should have advised the ref to go and review it on a monitor once there is a break in play (or the attack is over) - he's not over ruling him and leaving it with the on field official but saying - it’s not a clear and obvious error but you need to take a look. It wouldn’t surprise me if this becomes a 'learning point' and they tweak the process - that way we can get shafted by it in the future

Im staying away from Monday night football, 5live, and news in general, the last thing I want is to hear the gutter press say " that wasn't a penalty, var was correct etc.

Just want to move on from this game now, its gone and concentrate on next wk.

Yeah but if we'd scored 5, 3 of them would have been chalked off.

Because that's what vAR is for. Faceless cheats analysing every movement and punishing what they want to punish, ignoring what they want to ignore.

It's a cheats paradise. No comeback, no accountability, just the perfect way to fix games. That no-one in the media is calling this out, is staggering.

we got two last week mate, did they cheat west ham,

i have an issue with the new handball rule, now that is a joke

i'll have an issue if its not applied consistently,

also why we didn't get a pen for the strangulation of rodri is beyond me

No

1. It checks all goals (regardless of situation)
2. Offsides -
3. Clear and obvious mistakes - and this is where fans are going to clash with other fans and VAR as we all have a different view on what is a foul or not - in this case the ref (Nor the VAR officials) belive it was a foul - 56000 fans thought it was (including me) but its not about what we think...

How would do you equate Rodri's challenge on Lanzini being checked by VAR and Rodri being fouled by Lamela then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.