Var debate 2019/20

I think the next goal City score the players should just stop look at the screen and than when the screen says goal celebrate.....but I guess City would get fined for taking the piss......

Great idea, no player celebration, the scorer makes a VAR TV shape and points at screen, fans all stay silent then boo the disallowed goal

Welcome to our future football experience

Sergio scored a penalty he missed though.....interestingly took again for encroachment the same thing happened when he scored!
Handball I accept if rule applied consistently.
Rodri non pen I can't.......penalty all day.
So far we have gained 1 goal lost 2 goals and cost us two points.

However 29 attempts and two goals says it all. It should have ended 5-2 or 6-2 to city.

Aguero penalty retaken for encroachment was given by the referee not VAR. According to the PL VAR will not be used for encroachment at penalties nor, interestingly enough, for goalkeepers moving off their line during. Hence the reason the dippers got away with it in the penalty shoot out. These infringements are left to the officials on the field. Work that one out.

I think for a period City fans at home should simply stop celebrating goals. Goal scored complete silence. Ruin the spectacle for TV it's the only way we can get our disgust across. It would also highlight the issue and keep it on the agenda. If other fans did the same they would have to change it. Do not underestimate fan power.

As long as VAR decisions are 100% consequent, I'm for it, and that is what we should be able to expect and require in order for the system to be respected.
Yesterday, the VAR team did the right thing, according to the principles under which they are instructed to operate, but I do however question some calls by Oliver.

My hopes for VAR, was (and still is), that it would make the game fairer, that it would right the wrong calls and punish the cheaters (deliberate handballs, obvious off sides, divers, for example) but at the same time NOT cause the game experience to be reduced. VAR is still in its early childhood, but things needs to change asap in order for it to work as designed to, and that will probably take some time. And on occasions during that time, we will suffer from it and we will fell angry and done by, but likely also benefit from it.

And if anyone deserves to have your anger directed at them, it's not the opponents, not their fans, and certainly not our own club... but the people behind the system itself. Write to papers, to those responsible, send emails, have your voice heard that way. And while with criticizing VAR it would be an interesting conversation to have, on how you, how we feel it should work in order for it to be acceptable.

No matter any VAR decisions this seasons, we will be the best team in the premiership and we will win it.

City players know the score. They must win things twice over too be given the desicion.
When the world wants you too fail I am sure it strengthens the resolve. City have to thrash teams out of sight jus to be sure they aren't stitched up.
For tea lady to KDB and Serge. From match going city fan to armchair we just stay tight.....siege mentality.
Too steal from our friends in Wolverhampton.

The strength is in the pack.

WE are city, WE aren't going away......PEP is all for justice and fair play. They need too be careful or he may stay with us a long ,long time.
HE came in innocent but he gets what it means to be City now. And his passion and body language say he gets it and gets us one hundred percent.
Until he feels we get a fair deal and authorities are even handed he will stay......I love it

Sergio scored a penalty he missed though.....interestingly took again for encroachment the same thing happened when he scored!
Handball I accept if rule applied consistently.
Rodri non pen I can't.......penalty all day.
So far we have gained 1 goal lost 2 goals and cost us two points.

However 29 attempts and two goals says it all. It should have ended 5-2 or 6-2 to city.

I was also making the mistake of assuming we would have scored the pen yesterday if it was given.

I'm a lot calmer about it this morning, swings and roundabouts is literally all I can think of.

I am done. The fun has left the building. 55 Years supporting City through thick and thin. I predicted all this years ago when the numpties on this forum were all calling for VAR. I called them Turkeys voting for Christmas and got slagged for it. Well, It has killed football as I predicted. Along with FFP, media and Football leaks I am fully of the opinion Football is corrupt to its core. I now know more about legalities and rules than I should need to. Even banter with other fans is no longer fun.
Now they have killed the one last thrill (that of scoring a last minute winner).
Well done you smart arsed smug Charlton's on this forum who supported VAR (and some still do) I hope you enjoy the view from inside your own backside. See, it is even setting fans against each other.
I might watch the highlights after i know the score in future. No more live games for me, either at the match or on TV (and dont even get me started on smack heads at the games).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.