Var debate 2019/20

he means the concept, and he is correct. The issue is imo, consistency, the rules against which VAR is to be applied and the time it takes to reach a conclusion
So VAR is still the issue. Why dont you get that... ? No VAR = no issue with rules, how they are applied, the human interaction with the technology and all the variables that go with it. VAR is not just the tech (which is highly flawed anyway) it involves human interaction and always will.

There’s nowt wrong with the goal being disallowed. I think a lot of people are getting confused why so many people are so angry with VAR.

By the new handball laws of the game, that was definitely handball by Laporte and therefore no goal. The attacking team cannot have a player have the ball hit his arm in any way whatsoever, intentional or non-intentional, slight contact for full, it’s the new handball law and that was handball.

But that’s not why so many of us are so upset with VAR. So many of us are so upset with it because I and many others didn’t really celebrate any goals yesterday. Not properly. Because we’re all waiting for VAR. The ball hits the net and you’re immediate thought it “YEE.. oh hang on, what’s the ref doing? Is it going to be given?” And even when it is given you’re not really sure.

We’re in the stadium, the game is being played for us, in front of us, and we don’t know what’s going on. We can no longer celebrate any goal with any certainty and it’s the death of the beautiful game.

I said it yesterday, VAR is even ruining goals it doesn’t rule out.

And THAT is what’s wrong with VAR. Not whether it rightly rules goals out even for the most minor infringements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should read this. All this sh1te about not going, ruining football b0ll0x. I said on a previous thread that this is exactly what 'they' want. The only losers are you and City. Without you City will not exist. 'They' don't give a sh1t if you go to games or not. Do you really think if nobody turned up at City it would change anything? Make your voice heard at games like we did yesterday. Let them know we will not bend over and be shafted by them. FFS even MotD agree.
Great post, I’ve just seen the incident again, the ref was in a great position to see it, he was three yards away and not one Spurs player appealed. How was that a “clear and obvious” mistake?

As you say, it’s only our loss if our fans decide VAR is going to deter their support, the Dippers and Rags will love it, they tried to fuck us over with FFP, failed miserably but it seems they have now got the formula right.

It’s two fingers from me to all the corrupt fuckers trying to derail us, my support is unequivocal.

VAR has its good parts,when we all get used to it
Example,a team scores and var is reviewing
We can in the time it takes,check the floor area near us to look for potential hazards so the likelihood of injuries is reduced,you can place all your money in a safe pocket along with mobile phones,keys etc so no scrambling on hands and knees looking for them
Ask the person next to you would he/she mind being hugged and kissed if the big screen says GOAL
You can place your seat in a upright position again reducing the risk of injury
If near the end of the match and a review is needed,it will give the early leavers the opportunity of getting to the steps in a safe and orderly manner without blocking your view of the match
As you can see there are many advantages and I’m sure you can think of a few more
As for the impact it’s going to have on our beautiful game
It going to fuck it up good and proper
It shite and has taken the heart out of the game or is that what the FA,UEFA want

I have to admit that after each goal yesterday, including theirs, I did keep looking to see if was given. It did spoil my enjoyment.

THREEPEAT

Nobody is apparently highlighting that Laporte's handball did NOT lead to or create a goal scoring opportunity.

Jesus had his back to goal when receiving the ball and had to create the goal scoring opportunity himself and the goal should have been awarded.

Once again interpretation of the law and rules used to our detriment.

The non penalty award was a sickener but what convinced me that we were being refereed unfairly was when Bernardo was unbelievably keeping the ball from 3 spurs players at the end of the first half and when attempting to head the ball was halved in two by the spurs players. Free kick to Spurs.

The bias is there. It's fuck City by stealth but make sure you fuck City.

I'm still fizzing.

Apologies if it's been asked and answered previously, but did the penalty incident go to VAR? I don't remember seeing anything on the big screen to say it was being checked or that it had been denied. If it wasn't checked by VAR, who makes that call? Oliver, in this case presumably which, given the way he handled many other decisions it isn't hard to see why it wasn't given.

Thought VAR was about eradicating controversy? Seems to me it’s created more rule changes, disagreement on whether it’s right or not. The dumbbells who called for it have now created a situation where we are talking about technology rather than football. The game wasn’t broken.

So VAR is still the issue. Why dont you get that... ? No VAR = no issue with rules, how they are applied, the human interaction with the technology and all the variables that go with it. VAR is not just the tech (which is highly flawed anyway) it involves human interaction and always will.

Yes, yes and yes. Human error has always been part of the game...VAR changes noting, merely gives humans tools to compound their errors; observation and interpretation are intrinsically fallible and will always be. VAR is determined by the same fallible humans as before, nothing...nothing...has changed in that regard. What has changed is the opportunity to warp reason and ensure the outcome that is 'required'. This means it is corrupt and that in turn means the sport is finished. As soon as fans suss this, they won't watch, it becomes WWE and a charade, a joke. I just walked out after the decision and may not walk back in. I've been watching City since about 1972.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.