United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to laugh sometimes at the out and out shit posted on Red Cafe. Depressingly people lap this up and actually believe it:

I read their match day thread last week on Blue moon and there were posts saying that they haven't seen as bad a Chelsea side since they switched from supporting them to city .

There were posters agreeing with this as they also switched from being Chelsea fans to city fans and none of the other posters batted an eyelid to this

The original survey asked random people, among other things, if they ever watch the rags on TV. This of course ticked the box for every supporter of every other club who had ever watched MOTD. The company that carried out this bullshit reported to the rags that they'd extrapolated from their relatively small sample that the rags had 659 million followers worldwide. The club immediately changed the word followers to fans and another rag lie was born.

A while back someone posted a short article from Private Eye which tore this shit to shreds but I can't find it. Can anyone dig this out or maybe have a copy?

I went to a market in France yesterday. A stall was selling football gear. They had towels of Bayern, Barca, PSG, Real and City on display only. An indication of our increasing profile albeit a small one. What was funny though is on the Metro two lads tried to get on whilst the train doors were closing, one made it and the second one got his hand stuck in the door whilst still on the platform. He had a United top on and all I could do was laugh. Thankfully, for him, others managed to prise the doors enough to release him before it set off!

The original survey asked random people, among other things, if they ever watch the rags on TV. This of course ticked the box for every supporter of every other club who had ever watched MOTD. The company that carried out this bullshit reported to the rags that they'd extrapolated from their relatively small sample that the rags had 659 million followers worldwide. The club immediately changed the word followers to fans and another rag lie was born.

A while back someone posted a short article from Private Eye which tore this shit to shreds but I can't find it. Can anyone dig this out or maybe have a copy?
Possibly 16th May 2018 posted by MidlandsBlue in the Utd thread.

in a job I had for a few years in. Manchester, it involved taking a group of kids to the Swamp (different groups 3 times a year) for "educational purposes" through their football foundation. It was actually a good session (and the buffet was really good) apart from the cringeworthy promotional video of the club they would show at the beginning and then the woman introducing it always coming out with the 657 million and would follow it up with a "and x amount of million state that Manchester United is their second favourite team". During my first visit after she mentioned that and I kind of politely challenged it later (with my rag supervisor trying to change the subject) each time we went, when she was saying the 657 million etc she would look over to me and give a wry smile as she saw me smiling and shaking my head....

Last edited:
You have to laugh sometimes at the out and out shit posted on Red Cafe. Depressingly people lap this up and actually believe it:

On several different threads I have mentioned how I switched from supporting Chelsea to City, I don't see anything wrong with that, if VAR carries on I will switch to another team, possibly Arsenal. What I do find amazing, no sad, is how a 'fan' could take the time to read their rivals match day thread ! I have never looked at Sad Caf, The Littlewoods one or for that matter any other club.

Oh and as a footnote, I may change who I support many times but will never support that sad sack of shit.

On several different threads I have mentioned how I switched from supporting Chelsea to City, I don't see anything wrong with that, if VAR carries on I will switch to another team, possibly Arsenal. What I do find amazing, no sad, is how a 'fan' could take the time to read their rivals match day thread ! I have never looked at Sad Caf, The Littlewoods one or for that matter any other club.

Oh and as a footnote, I may change who I support many times but will never support that sad sack of shit.
No offence mate but how could you go from Chelsea to city to arsenal? As soon as Arsenal are on the rough end of a few decisions would you support spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.