Var debate 2019/20

I believe you are.

First point: Llorente's was in a different competition and under a previous set of laws to Laporte yesterday. There was no law last year which covered Llorente's, which I do not believe was deliberate. Under the new rules, it would have been ruled out.

Second point: Hit Laporte's arm, and created an opportunity (Jesus). I think that it makes sense that possession can be gained by a teammate rather than that player.
I just used the Llorente goal as an example for point one, I read the law as saying that if an accidental handball results directly in a goal then it will be disallowed, I.e ball hits the arm and then the leg and then goes straight into the goal with no other interference.
Point two seems to say that if the ball hits an arm accidentally which causes the player to gain control of the ball they then can't score themselves or pass the ball on to create a chance for another player.
Going off these laws the goal shouldn't have been disallowed unless the F.A. have instructed referees to ignore the laws of the game and just go with the easier option of using VAR to disallow anything with any kind of contact whatsoever.

Exactly no one would look for it, this is why it is open to corruption
That’s exactly it. We wouldn’t even care either because nobody would notice it. Which shows they are actively hunting for reasons to disallow our goals

I bet if you look closely enough you can find a foul in our box on the corner for Moura’s goal. But do they look for it? No. If it was us? There’d have been the standard 3 minute delay after every City goal.

I just used the Llorente goal as an example for point one, I read the law as saying that if an accidental handball results directly in a goal then it will be disallowed, I.e ball hits the arm and then the leg and then goes straight into the goal with no other interference.
Point two seems to say that if the ball hits an arm accidentally which causes the player to gain control of the ball they then can't score themselves or pass the ball on to create a chance for another player.
Going off these laws the goal shouldn't have been disallowed unless the F.A. have instructed referees to ignore the laws of the game and just go with the easier option of using VAR to disallow anything with any kind of contact whatsoever.

Possibly. My understanding was always that if it falls to a teammate who then scores, that still counts. It's the reason Boly's was disallowed last week.

In this case, it fell to Jesus, who took a couple of touches and scored. There isn't anything specific about creating an opportunity, so it's not unreasonable to view that it did.

It will add to the dilution of emotion but one thing teams need to do after scoring a last minute winner is not celebrate and get the ball back to the centre spot as quickly as possible. The longer VAR have the more chance they have of spotting something so innocuous as the handball.

V.a.r. stops the game until they make a decision.

The not celebrating bit will probably happen naturally.

I am not a gambler so i admit to being naive in that world but what happens when VAR is being reviewed? are there bets being placed on the outcome ? is all betting suspended ? i ask because a gambling firm could in theory make a lot of money during the time it takes to come to a decision especially if they can control the decision!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.