Var debate 2019/20

That’s exactly it. We wouldn’t even care either because nobody would notice it. Which shows they are actively hunting for reasons to disallow our goals

I bet if you look closely enough you can find a foul in our box on the corner for Moura’s goal. But do they look for it? No. If it was us? There’d have been the standard 3 minute delay after every City goal.

Said to my son, after the initial elation, that they were looking for something to disallow the goal

V.a.r. stops the game until they make a decision.

The not celebrating bit will probably happen naturally.

But it will at least put pressure on for the game to restart. I was at the game so not sure on exact timings but it must have been two minutes before they disallowed the goal which is a long time for them to scrutinise every element of the footage for a reason to disallow the goal.

I am not a gambler so i admit to being naive in that world but what happens when VAR is being reviewed? are there bets being placed on the outcome ? is all betting suspended ? i ask because a gambling firm could in theory make a lot of money during the time it takes to come to a decision especially if they can control the decision!

On Paddy Power the game gets locked when something happens, e.g. a corner or a direct free kick or penalty so I assume the same happens when a goal is scored while the odds are reviewed regardless of whether VAR kicks in.

Pep said they were on their coffee break.

I think the commentator has been very misleading in what he said. He's suggesting the rules were being applied and that VAR had taken a look, but saw nothing wrong.

The incident was clearly not looked at. Was he suggesting it had been to try and make it look like the rules were being applied and there was absolutely nothing wrong with Lamela taking a ride on Rodri's back. Either way, whatever they did, or didn't do, it was the wrong call.

But yeah, I thought it was good what Pep said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.