Var debate 2019/20

Again, VAR does not diminish City's chances to win the league. It's not something that is there to help the referees skrew us over. They can do it without VAR anyway. The new handball rule is questionable but it wasn't introduced to harm City. We were unlucky that it was applied against us in a big game.

Referees are biased against us for we are so good that we threaten to make the league look uncompetitive and thus destroy a very expensive product. Fans of the Pl want a tight PL race. That's the other side of having an exceptional team, enemies join forces to try to stop us. Isn't that good?

Take a more positive look and enjoy the best team England has seen. Pep knows how to use negative epxeriences to motivate the team to achieve even more.

I'm afraid that some City fans do not believe enough in Pep and the team and think that VAR will stop us. They didn't stop us last season despite numerous questionable or blatantly wrong calls. VAR won't help them to stop us. And even if it helps them, so what? Haven't we already won the league twice in a row with record point tallies? Haven't we already established ourselves as one of the best teams in English football history?

Be optimistic, support the team and enjoy the football our players produce. It's stunning.

Woul we have won the league last year without VAR. I don't think they would have given the goal at burnley without it, or was it already given before var intervened can't remember.

The goal at Burnley was a factual decision as to whether the ball had crossed the line nothing what so ever to do with the opinion of the VAR who yesterday over ruled the on-field ref, not what VAR was intended for.

We wouldn’t have won the league because they would have used VAR like they are already this season to do us over

The goal at Burnley was a factual decision as to whether the ball had crossed the line nothing what so ever to do with the opinion of the VAR who yesterday over ruled the on-field ref, not what VAR was intended for.

We wouldn’t have won the league because they would have used VAR like they are already this season to do us over

Yes it been explained pal, thanks

Seeing as the VAR ref is hundreds of miles away why not take the VAR ref away from the fa etc and give it to refs in our countries who hopefully arent as bent as the English ones. After all not one English ref was good enough to ref in the world cup yet we have the best league in the world something doesnt add up. Surely the best league deserves the best refs and that's not happening.

I just used the Llorente goal as an example for point one, I read the law as saying that if an accidental handball results directly in a goal then it will be disallowed, I.e ball hits the arm and then the leg and then goes straight into the goal with no other interference.
Point two seems to say that if the ball hits an arm accidentally which causes the player to gain control of the ball they then can't score themselves or pass the ball on to create a chance for another player.
Going off these laws the goal shouldn't have been disallowed unless the F.A. have instructed referees to ignore the laws of the game and just go with the easier option of using VAR to disallow anything with any kind of contact whatsoever.
The commentator on Match of the Day said VAR had reviewed the Rodri penalty incident, but decided there was nothing in it.

I call bullshit on that. They never even bothered to look at it.
That was just wrong, I thought VAR was brought in to right clear and obvious mistakes, penalty claim a clear and obvious mistake, not looked at, the handball, and after looking a it for the umpteenth time, inconclusive but the goal is rubbed out. Very poor and it always seems to be us. Agenda anyone ?

i think everyone wants to see correct decisions, but i think people appreciated that before VAR, decisions went for you and against you. It provided talking points in the pub and you accepted that the speed in which the game is played at meant human error was possible.

VAR has changed all this. The pure raw, euphoric emotion has disappeared and we will now learn to wait with baited breath whether or not a goal will be allowed or disallowed because of some unseen reason.

Rival fans will laugh at us now, but it wont be long before they feel the same way we do right now.

By giving it the acronym ‘VAR’, they make it sound high tech, like it’s a computer producing factual calls. But it’s literally just a human being full of his own biases and corruptions, sat 200 miles away, playing reality TV (or reality football, if you will). It’s farcical. They don’t want to make it transparent because they don’t want us to realise it’s got no more technology than before. It’s just replays and drawing lines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.