Var debate 2019/20

Two seasons ago the media where getting other teams to foul and kick us of the park......it didnt work

Last season the media had a love in with dipperpool the refs gave them lots of soft pens and off side goals......it didnt work

This the fa have decided to use VAR against us ......it wont work....

CTID.....

Duncan Castles of all people has pointed out that the decision actually seems to be wrong under the new law.

The new law states that it's an offence if the player

"Gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their arm and then creates a goal scoring opportunity."
In what way did Laporte gain possession or control of the ball?

I'm not even convinced he created a goal scoring opportunity.

But we already had possession, as Kevin had took the corner. So Laporte didn't gain possession. And he certainly never had control of the ball.

It seems to me that the law was written specifically to avoid penalizing the attacking team when the ball brushes an arm.

When will others start reporting this?

We were robbed yesterday by the VAR referee.

The technology is fine, the referees using it are useless as ever.

One reason why I think we suffer the most is because we score the most.
I think that's the problem with VAR at the moment, it's being used to forensically dissect every goal to find a way to disallow it using a technicality but isn't being used to eradicate actual cheating.
In this format we'll definitely get shafted by it the most as we score the most goals but Littlewoods diving and the rags defensive technique of just grabbing attacking players will just go on as normal.
If VAR isn't being used to stop cheats then what is the actual point of it?

Do we know if the VAR people watching the match can hear the live tv commentary?

Both commentators on my tv said immediately it wasn't a penalty on Rodri.

VAR has been going for years in Italy and Germany - what is the general consensus of fans in those counties?

We’ve played 2 games and after both games all there is to talk about is VAR. That alone shows it’s killing the game. It will be like this EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, for the rest of our lives. Enjoy everyone. I’ll give it 2 months and we’re all members of a cricket forum or something instead.
Said this last week and now we're seeing it play out.

Watched 1st half in pub yesterday before dashing home at half time. On the way i was thinking of words to describe that 1st half performance and came up with; stunning, mesmerising, dizzying, jaw-dropping, pulsating and lots of other 'ings'.
This morning i've spent an hour on here abusing var and not even looked at the post match or motm threads yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.