Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

That Bernardo “foul” is such a poor decision, there would literally not have been one person watching who thought it was a foul ..... except the ref.

Unless....he’s a fucking cheat. I know which one my money is on.

It’s one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen.

Especially when you consider that he didn’t consider Lamela’s neck grab on Rodri a foul.

The more you watch this the worse the decision looks, looks more like a corrupt decision than just a wrong one, struggling to see what oliver has seen to deem it a foul!
I think it is fairly obvious, actually: Bernardo launches a vicious and premeditated cheek attack on Rose’s elbow.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bernie getting a violent conduct ban for it.

Surely if Laporte was pulled prior to “handball” it’s disallowed goal penalty and yellow card to the defender by the letter of their laws
I'm pretty sure that was checked as well, after it came up "No goal" it came up "VAR check" again, then "VAR check over", having seen the replay this morning I don't think its a foul on Laporte, and whilst the touch is minimal, it does look like its his arm, but as said above, put the chances away, and defend better, and we still win that game 4 or 5 nil, so I hope the focus on VAR on Monday morning at the CFA, is at sorting those things out, and put a game beyond the VAR checks when you can.

That Bernardo “foul” is such a poor decision, there would literally not have been one person watching who thought it was a foul ..... except the ref.

Unless....he’s a fucking cheat. I know which one my money is on.
It says a lot about the standard of refs in this country when Oliver is allegedly the best.

It wasn't 5-6 goals because of luck and poor finishing and not because you were very good. Actually, we made you look very ordinary.

Villa made 'em look ordinary last week. Was only went the City-snubbing Dane came on that they upped their game. Yesterday, both he and 'Arry 'Otspur were quite anonymous. In fact, the England captain's major contribution to the game was the expertly mis-hit attempted lob over Eddie which almost went for a throw-in!

Hate defending Oliver (the bent bastard) but it was actually given by the linesman. How he saw a foul there is anybody's guess. The standard of the officials is disgraceful. I recorded the game so watched it again, it was brilliant skill by Bernie and then he gets sandwiched. The men in black don't even hide their stupidity anymore.

Oliver is looking at it, as the ball is there, so even if the linesman flagged he could overrule it if there's no evident infringement. Or award it if he saw something.

It said on the commentary that the lanzini one had been checked/would be checked and it wasnt given.....

I belive the ref was indicating that the rodri one by lamela had been checked andwhen he was shaking his head he was saying that they (VAR) had said no foul......others have interpited that differently and im guessing no one knows....

It would be interesting to know whether it was checked by VAR (the rodri one)

I guess the way forward is that VAR should check all potential penalty incidents (the game can carry on flowing until that is done and then is pulled back if needed)

That's really how it should be used, as in most instances in rugby. The main problem with VAR is that it's the same inept people using it and the application is inconsistent & poor. From what I saw, Oliver, who must have been looking directly at it as it was where the ball was going, gave nothing and then stated VAR confirmed nothing. That level of ineptitude is horrendous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.