Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Fuly agree with the first bit - that has always happened....some players are very very good at conning the refs.....

Im not arguing whether there is corruption/favouritism by ref's......Some people belive there is some dont

What I am talking against is that by the rules of VAR unless it deems the ref has completely misse something it aint going to over turn a ref's decision. Yesterday with the Rodri incident, even though the whole t viewing audience including fans, pundits etc thought it was a penalty (as I did even without a replay) VAR didnt overr rule the ref probably becauase it deemed he saw the incident and therefore there was no reason to question it
The VAR team spent a whole minute looking for a reason to overrule a goal that everyone else in the ground thought was a goal, yet they decided not to overturn an incorrect decision because they 'deemed' the referee 'saw' the incident?

Horse shit.

The VAR team spent a whole minute looking for a reason to overrule a goal that everyone else in the ground thought was a goal, yet they decided not to overturn an incorrect decision because they 'deemed' the referee 'saw' the incident?

Horse shit.
And of course they have to justify their position. Stinks to high heaven.

I'm still shocked Bernado getting cleaned out meant a foul was for Spurs.

Only reason I can see that given was due to the referee feeling sorry for Rose et al.
That's how bad they were though, that was totally wrong but in the context of their performance in the game it was one of their many minor mistakes. I'm sick of it and yet City are the tactical foulers aren't they? It feels like they've set us up for this kind of thing.

Think some fans are a bit spoilt if VAR/referee decisions against us are enough for them to give up on going to matches. Most fans on this planet would kill to watch their team play top teams off the park even if the outcome isn't always good due to intentional referee mistakes. Show more love for this team, it's incredible.

This VAR thing is fucking with my senses. I’ve done all the highs and lows in life. Marriage bust up. Birth of child. City winning league in injury time. Etc etc. We’ve all been there. But the VAR is now really messing with my head. Old me was hitting the ceiling last night when I thought we got the winner. Then Bang. And after I wasn’t sure how I felt emotionally my mind couldn’t adjust, I still feel like that today, playing the same incident over and over in my head and getting no where. I know the pluses of the system and a logical me would have to say it’s a good thing. But emotionally me can’t deal with it because my natural instincts are getting fucked about. I blame the schools they never taught me about this. What use is the 3 r’s when you have VAR.

Also not all mistakes against us are intentional. Referees are only human. The mistake against Bernardo wasn't intentional, just due to incompetence.

Missed too many chances. Self inflicted injury yesterday.

Once the dust has settled - you are bang on. Not clinical enough finishing ( especially in the 46 - 60 minute time of the game ) left us vulnerable to something like a set piece or mistake .....

We played pretty well - and will play worse and win - but yesterday we could and should have seen the game up far earlier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.