Var debate 2019/20

It’s plain for all to see what’s happening they will be fucking certain teams over and assisting others,second game in and VAR has took the reffing out of the main referee’s hands,why did the VAR ref not advise Oliver of an incident in the box that needed reviewing on the monitor..which was a huge decision at a critical stage of the game as well, injury time ..

Vertonghen did the same in the first leg last season but VAR didn't intervene. I think Lloris was off his line as well.
VAR should give consistency but that's not happening just yet.

What proof of that is there though ?

Unless every goal is replayed on the big screen , there is no proof ....

It’s open to manipulation

Because pigmol said every goal is reviewed

If they told me it was Sunday I’d check my calendar !

I’ve had a proper read of the new handball rules this morning and have changed my view from what I posted on here yesterday.

It hits Laporte’s arm.

However, the ‘control / possession’ part of the new rule isn’t made out.

Therefore, the goal should’ve stood.

VAR should have been able to sort that easily enough.

Conclusion - bent decision.

I’ve had a proper read of the new handball rules this morning and have changed my view from what I posted on here yesterday.

It hits Laporte’s arm.

I’ve seen a few freeze frames and it also looks like it hits Eriksen’s arm and Eriksen pulls Laporte in the first place.

How anyone can say any of it is clear and obvious I don’t know.

We’ve certainly been cheated here, when you consider the 2 penalty shouts too.

There’s been nothing contentious in others goals so far though.
We are the focus at the moment,i can't believe we are doing something that the dippers aren't doing,the law of averages would say there is something to look at in at least one of them,they had double figure offside goals last season.I believe they are trying stuff out on us,it's not clear it hit erics hand,it could just have easily been the defender and they tried out the offside on raz and found a couple of mm's,i was for VAR but i feel like we are the gunea pigs for this so far,it's out of order and i believe the pattern has been set from game 1

It hits Laporte’s arm.

Does the possession part refer to the team gaining possession as opposed to the player himself?

“Even if it’s accidental”. The handball accidentally created the chance.

I think the new law is a bad one that shouldn’t have come in. But by that law the goal should definitely have been ruled out.

The right decision was made.

Whether that would have gone the same way for United or Liverpool is total guesswork.

I don’t think the handball created the chance at all. The ball barely deviated from its path. The chance was created and finished by Jesus, not as a result of the ball striking Laporte’s arm.

Simply don’t see how you can say that chance was created by the handball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.