Var debate 2019/20

You’ll have to show me the letter of the law that stipulates some cúnt can grab someone round the throat and wrestle them to the ground (not taking into account the different set of rules for Liverpool and United defenders).

That’s piss poor referring rather than VAR.

I rate Michael Oliver as one of the best refs in the PL, even if he does bottle big decisions. That said he was diabolical yesterday. That was easily the worst ref performance I’ve seen since Anthony Taylor against Chelsea.

It's shit everywhere you go.

Apparently it took 4 mins in the Valencia game yesterday to make a decision on an offside goal.

Currently watching Saint-Etienne vs Brest (along with the Sheff Utd game), it's just took about 3 mins to award Brest their perfectly good goal.

Whole thing is ruining football across Europe.

Rather than look at someone else's interpretation of the handball law - look at what it says:

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
So VAR had to interpret the accidental handball by Laporte and determine if he gains possession/control and then creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

In my opinion it is meant to apply to a player who deliberately gets control of the ball accidentally and goes on to provide an assist not an inadvertent deflection..

This interpretation of the laws.

Agree with that.

So the WWE takedown of Rodri goes unpunished and less than 30 secs later, Raz does pretty much the same thing and gets a yellow!!
Please tell me that there is consistency and no bias. I do not believe we are winning the PL this year, VAR and other influences will make sure of it.
Remember where you heard it!!!

People are going to have to deal with the fact that we are going to have a lot of VAR controversies this season.

We dominate, create and play on the edge all the time. We bombard the opposition with crosses and runs, like no other side does. We don't make moves and runs that you see coming a mile away.

Naturally, this means that we will have more VAR reviews and tight calls than any other side. It's not going to get better unless they change the system.
I think these decisions would be easier to accept if they didn’t come like a bolt from the blue, an age after the goal has been “scored”.

I watch a lot of rugby league and cricket and you just don’t get these gut wrenching moments. In rugby, most of the video ref decisions relate to grounding. Its usually obvious that there’s some doubt over whether a try has been scored, but you know that the decision has been referred to the video ref as the referee holds his hands in the air and then you get to see the incident on the big screen. If it’s your team that has “scored” you hold back on the celebrations until the try is awarded.

But how many people in the ground yesterday knew that the goal was being reviewed ? Half of the Spurs fans were on their way to the exits. It’s been said that because Oliver stayed in the penalty area rather than going back to the centre circle we should have known that the goal hadn’t been awarded, but I just assumed he was staying their because our players were celebrating in the corner and he might have to book someone if they went into the crowd or took their shirt off.

I assume that VAR officials didn’t just rule out the goal on the basis of one look. They must have reviewed the incident several times. So as soon as it becomes apparent that there is an issue with the goal the ref needs to make a clear signal (such as holding his hands in the air like the rugby refs). And show the review on the big screen as it’s taking place. I would have still been sickened once the goal was ruled out, but perhaps not to the same extent

It's shit everywhere you go.

Apparently it took 4 mins in the Valencia game yesterday to make a decision on an offside goal.

Currently watching Saint-Etienne vs Brest (along with the Sheff Utd game), it's just took about 3 mins to award Brest their perfectly good goal.

Whole thing is ruining football across Europe.
Will never happen, but the VAR officials should be given e.g. 45 sec max to make a determination. If the cannot do it in that period, the ref decision sticks

That’s piss poor referring rather than VAR.

I rate Michael Oliver as one of the best refs in the PL, even if he does bottle big decisions. That said he was diabolical yesterday. That was easily the worst ref performance I’ve seen since Anthony Taylor against Chelsea.
Ok so as I comprehensively proved last week the VAR use on Sterling’s offside assist to Jesus was impossible to be conclusive due to the frame rate, which is again backed up in the media this weekend proving beyond any doubt that there’s a 38cm margin of error and Sterling was adjusted 2.4cm offside. You choose to ignore that entirely?

There’s also not a single conclusive image proving that Laporte handles that ball yesterday, not a single fucking one. It’s purely guesswork, but again you’re happy to ignore that as well.

Naive beyond belief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.