Facial recognition at City?

I was told to take my wallet, my keys, and my phone out of my pockets, then I was scanned up and down, told to turn around, arms out, scanned up and down again, and then let through. This process was being repeated on fans in-front of me. While this was going on, the queue behind me was getting longer.

Does this security procedure happen at every entrance? Does this procedure happen to Executive box holders, Tunnel Club members, Corporate members, etc?

I don’t like to call out senior staff employees at City, but it’s time Danny Wilson, who I have got a lot of time for, sat down with other Directors at City and reviewed the scanning procedure by Stewards outside the ground. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years. I have a season ticket. It was in my hand, I’ve been going through the same entrance for at least 5 season’s. Yet I’m being labelled and treated like.....(fill in as appropriate)

I’m not a criminal. I’m not a terrorist. I’m not a security concern to City in any way whatsoever. But I am being made to feel like one. I’m being made to feel like a 2nd class citizen. I’m not. I’m a law abiding, with no criminal record, City fan.

On a side note. A Father had a small, half full, bottle of water, which was his Son’s unfinished bottle of Water, taken off him and binned. The Steward said ‘the club’ does not allow any (plastic) bottles into the ground’.

So if this club policy is to force City fans to spend money inside the ground, it probably worked Yesterday, as the Father would have had to buy another (£2+) bottle of water inside the ground for his Son.
When I have been in Legends or through one of the main reception entrances I have always been checked more thoroughly than when using a disabled entrance. I have also entered the stadium on a non match day with Danny and he has been searched on every occasion.

When I have been in Legends or through one of the main reception entrances I have always been checked more thoroughly than when using a disabled entrance. I have also entered the stadium on a non match day with Danny and he has been searched on every occasion.
I had a friend over from the USA yesterday and we were at the stadium early so he could get to the shop and see the team coach arrive. We were stood outside the main reception and saw people like Mike Summerbee & Paul Dickov frisked before going intp the Tunnel Club or wherever they were going.

I was told to take my wallet, my keys, and my phone out of my pockets, then I was scanned up and down, told to turn around, arms out, scanned up and down again, and then let through. This process was being repeated on fans in-front of me. While this was going on, the queue behind me was getting longer.

Does this security procedure happen at every entrance? Does this procedure happen to Executive box holders, Tunnel Club members, Corporate members, etc?

I don’t like to call out senior staff employees at City, but it’s time Danny Wilson, who I have got a lot of time for, sat down with other Directors at City and reviewed the scanning procedure by Stewards outside the ground. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 40 years. I have a season ticket. It was in my hand, I’ve been going through the same entrance for at least 5 season’s. Yet I’m being labelled and treated like.....(fill in as appropriate)

I’m not a criminal. I’m not a terrorist. I’m not a security concern to City in any way whatsoever. But I am being made to feel like one. I’m being made to feel like a 2nd class citizen. I’m not. I’m a law abiding, with no criminal record, City fan.

On a side note. A Father had a small, half full, bottle of water, which was his Son’s unfinished bottle of Water, taken off him and binned. The Steward said ‘the club’ does not allow any (plastic) bottles into the ground’.

So if this club policy is to force City fans to spend money inside the ground, it probably worked Yesterday, as the Father would have had to buy another (£2+) bottle of water inside the ground for his Son.
It is like that in the States for sport events and even gigs. It is like being at the airport these days....
At a recent gig they searched my wifes bag and pulled out a bottle of pills.... They then asked her for her ID to match her name with the name on the bottle of pills.....

For the first time I got questioned by Showsec yesterday on the way into ground.
Is that a watch on your wrist ? ( under jacket sleeve )
‘Yes’
‘Ok’
I do wished they’d have asked me when I had 24 metal staples in my stomach after a kidney removed!
Think they may have thrown up when I showed them !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.