Var debate 2019/20

Let's face it, it is painful but as long as it's consistent.

We are always going to get more reviews as we score more goals than anyone else and if we're not winning going into the last 10 minutes of a game, then we're definitely going to be in the opposition's penalty area.

Unfortunately we'll be a victim of our own success.

The rule itself is as clear as day.

"Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season, even if it is accidental," says the Premier League.

Jesus' goal, technically, was created by the use of Laporte's arm, regardless of whether there was any intent.

The rule was changed after some high-profile goals were scored by the accidental use of a hand last season.

To give three Premier League examples:
Last August, Willy Boly scored for Wolves against Manchester City after the ball touched his arm.Alexandre Lacazette handled in the build-up to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's goal for Arsenal at Crystal Palace in October Sergio Aguero used his hand in scoring his third for Manchester City against Arsenal in February

So is Law 12, extract:
  • holds an opponent
  • impedes an opponent with contact
Rodri and Aguero were fouled in the penatly area at the exact same time. Rodi bullet point 2 and Aguero bullet point 1 above. Where was VAR?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

I just watched the Wolves goal , the ball stops after it hits Boly arm and falls in front of the goal scorer, I am not 100 % sure that in City case it touch Laporte arm the spurs player arm or booth. I know the rule but can the VAR people be 100% sure it hit Laporte arm to disallow the goal.

I just watched the Wolves goal , the ball stops after it hits Boly arm and falls in front of the goal scorer, I am not 100 % sure that in City case it touch Laporte arm the spurs player arm or booth. I know the rule but can the VAR people be 100% sure it hit Laporte arm to disallow the goal.

They don’t need to be. City score and it’s lets have a look at this to see if we can find anything. If you look hard enough you see what you want to see and don’t see anything that else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.