Var debate 2019/20

So we’ve had 24 hours and there still isn’t a single poster with conclusive proof the ball hit Laporte’s arm. There isn’t a single freeze frame showing it, in this day and age of technology and VAR slow mo replays, fuck all.

The closest we’ve got (as far as I’ve seen is Gundogan’s social media post) which is a shot of Laporte and the Spurs player with the ball in the middle of them. However, it’s the Spurs players arm seemingly in the way.

between 52 and 53 seconds on that video...thats the angle i can see it from and you can see the ball change direction which means it was in the build up

Yeah the ball changes direction, I've yet to see someone on here say that it didn't change direction, etc. What I'm asking for is the proof that it hit Laportes arm and not the defenders. All those photographers in the ground, all those TV cameras in the ground and no one can provide me with proof?

All these debates/arguements could be avoided if VAR provide proof of their decisions.

the pundits say it hit his arm but that it was harsh...someone just posted a video of Neville and Redknapp saying it hit his arm but its a harsh decision........which i agree with..it was harsh and the rule is wrong.
They also said it could have hit the defender and erics arm was being pulled and wouldn't have been there but for that,why wasn't that taken into consideration?

So VAR was "right" using the current laws.

It was "right" for the handball yesterday too.

The only one it hasn't been "right" on was the subjective penalty call yesterday. This will probably open the door for VAR to overturn decisions more in the long run.
That is why I thought it was a correct decision. There are still 4 fuck ups in 6 games though. Not good enough at all.

Yeah the ball changes direction, I've yet to see someone on here say that it didn't change direction, etc. What I'm asking for is the proof that it hit Laportes arm and not the defenders. All those photographers in the ground, all those TV cameras in the ground and no one can provide me with proof?

All these debates/arguements could be avoided if VAR provide proof of their decisions.

From the piint of view on the defenders arm is up as well as Laportes BUT crucially Laporte is slightly infront (ie closer the the ball and the direction it is coming from) than the defender....therefore it has to hit laporte first (as the ball cannot simply pass through Laprote) and you can seee it doesnt hit the head but the outstretched arm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.