Var debate 2019/20

From the piint of view on the defenders arm is up as well as Laportes BUT crucially Laporte is slightly infront (ie closer the the ball and the direction it is coming from) than the defender....therefore it has to hit laporte first (as the ball cannot simply pass through Laprote) and you can seee it doesnt hit the head but the outstretched arm
That was not an outstretched arm

For those who want "PROOF" that it hit Erics arm/hand can I ask them to look on the back page of todays Sunday Mirror which clearly shows the ball hitting his hand with his head also being shown and that of the Spurs player.
I await the next loony claiming it will be a doctored photo.

From the piint of view on the defenders arm is up as well as Laportes BUT crucially Laporte is slightly infront (ie closer the the ball and the direction it is coming from) than the defender....therefore it has to hit laporte first (as the ball cannot simply pass through Laprote) and you can seee it doesnt hit the head but the outstretched arm

Did I stutter?

They also said it could have hit the defender and erics arm was being pulled and wouldn't have been there but for that,why wasn't that taken into consideration?

the arm was being pulled before the ball got to him and Laporte breaks free before he goes for the ball (there may be contact again as they both go for the ball) but laporte is cricually slightly infront of the defender...so even if it did hit the defenders arm it hit laportes first andthe decision comes from the first offence.....
Now you coul argue that if the defender was pulling at laporte why wasnt a penalty given.....good point but that happens all the time and is hugely open to debate ......the one on rodri was a clear penalty to me.....this -yes ive seen them given but id be disappointed if it was given against me....the one on rodri i wouldnt be suprised or diapponitned if it was given against me

the pundits say it hit his arm but that it was harsh...someone just posted a video of Neville and Redknapp saying it hit his arm but its a harsh decision........which i agree with..it was harsh and the rule is wrong.
I know you keep banging this drum about it being correctly disallowed but can you give me an explanation as to why the tug on Laporte, before the review on the goal, was not penalised or checked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.