Var debate 2019/20

I normally go with the flow with things and try and see the positives but this has just ruined the game I have looked forward to all summer. I went to a non league game today and it was great not having the worry of var.

I assumed I would go to city for the rest of my life and I will in all probability but this could make me miss more games and do more lower league stuff.

It is bent - simple as that. Some faceless person in London looking for reasons to chalk off our goals.

We won’t be allowed to win the league this year. It is that simple. I am fucking fuming.

City aside the game has lasted 100 plus years without this shite technology and it has impacted the whole atmosphere and feeling when a goal goes in.

Not surprised it kicked off yesterday. Gobby spurs fans getting giddy and winding up blues who were understandably wound up.

It will go off big time at some stage this season if the same happens vs the rags or Liverpool.

Shite.

I asked for photos/videos that prove, not the opinion of some guy on the Internet viewing an angle from the TV camera of the CB stand.

I'll wait.

is the video not proof? a video of the actual incidentis more proof than a photo as a phot is a snap shot where evidence can be missed where as a video is a fully documented piece of evidence with ALL the fact on it.

you can wait al you want but the video is the evidence and you are just choosing to ignore it ....why is my opinion any less valid than yours (who is just another guy on the internet)

I knew there would be one lunatic. ;)
To be fair this week the Mirror printed a totally fictional report about City's financial offer to Harry Maguire and, to date, only one outlet (Mailonline) has corrected it. On this basis I think it is reasonable to be sceptical about anything the Mirror publishes.

4 VAR decisions against us incorrect so far. 0 in our favour.
1. @Spurs CL A - Son goal Armpit++ offside - yet a goal given.
2. @Spurs CL H - Ball hit Spurs players hand at corner prior to goal - yet a goal was given even though CL games playing to new rules.
3. @West Ham A - Silva pass judged 5 frames after ball contact so Sterling offside by an armpit prior to Jesus goal.
4. @Spurs H - Lamela has arm wrapped around Rodri's neck. Possible pen not referred by ref to VAR.
Please keep updating this post BlueAnorak......an excellent piece.
Wonder how it will look by Christmas.

It is worth pointing out that this rule has been brought in globally by the International Football Association Board (Ifab), and is merely being executed by the Premier League.
Which means its optional to use as long as FIFA are aware that your Federation will be implementing this rule.ITS NOT CAST IN STONE WORLDWIDE !!

WRONG! Why do YOU think I provided this LINK!? http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf

Do YOU SEE the PREMIER LEAGUE metioned anywhere in that document? No you don't.

Do you see the FA? Yes you do.

Why is that? BECAUSE THE FA ARE IN CHARGE OF THE MATCH OFFICALS AND GOVERING THE LAWS OF THE GAME SET BY IFAB which FIFA and the ENGLISH FA ARE PART OF. THE PREMIER LEAGUE ARE IN CHARGE OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE COMPETITION!

https://www.premierleague.com/about/football-partners
http://www.theifab.com/overview

THE RULE CHANGES were applied on the 1st of JUNE 2019 AND WERE IN USE for the WOMEN's WORLD CUP in the SUMMER of 2019.

We were too busy wondering what was going on that I didnt see the replay on the stadium screen. If you had asked me I didnt think it was shown in the stadium. I thought the delay was because he had blown for the tug, stopping play, and they were going to award a penalty.
I can imagine the confusion going on in the stadium,looking at it for 2 mins is not on,it's supposed to be clear and obvious

is the video not proof? a video of the actual incidentis more proof than a photo as a phot is a snap shot where evidence can be missed where as a video is a fully documented piece of evidence with ALL the fact on it.

you can wait al you want but the video is the evidence and you are just choosing to ignore it ....why is my opinion any less valid than yours (who is just another guy on the internet)

No it's not. VAR use other angles.

Why is my opion less than yours? You think the camera angle taken from the Colin Bell stand is enough. I am saying this is not enough and asking for conclusive proof so that I can go to the match and not have it ruined by some guys in the VAR offfice who refuse to provide proof!

Go on then, point out the exact point.

So wild to think Neville and Carragher are also backing us for the pen Rodri should have earned, how the goal should have stood, and how this is a huge problem of consistency that is rather outrageous and ruining the value of VAR, because it is specifically there for "fairness" and yet clearly it can have the opposite impact.

Neville is thinking just what I was in that the VAR ref seems afraid to award a pen for contact, (also see the pull on Laporte's shirt as before) and what I have to say is then compare that to the lightest of inadvertent touches of an attackers arm or hand (that of course with a ball coming in at pace will deflect far away) that VAR will punish the attacker. That is a VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED, and yet sadly won't until next season, if ever.

I think it HAS to be CLEAR AND OBVIOUS that it DIRECTLY and immediately led to a goal.

Jesus still had plenty of work to do before scoring, which I suspect was his beef and for very good reason, as he didn't hit it one time.

Llorente's goal came from directly hitting his hand. That HAS to be a difference than a deflection that sends a ball to an attacker who then has to dribble inside past defenders and shoot.

SIDE NOTE: Plenty of USA sport fans actually hate "Instant replay" more than you think and don't enjoy it as drama. It's gotten rather out of hand and I feel has become overly invasive. In fact, one of the reasons I enjoy football is that it does not have constant interruptions and breaks. The free flowing nature is what makes the sport good, and I admit, I have been a proponent of VAR.

VAR needs to be used more sparsely and carefully.

The idea of giving managers a limited number challenges could help prevent it from happening every single goal and less likely to constantly undermine the free flowing nature of the sport or the excitement of a winning goal.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.