Var debate 2019/20

For those who want "PROOF" that it hit Erics arm/hand can I ask them to look on the back page of todays Sunday Mirror which clearly shows the ball hitting his hand with his head also being shown and that of the Spurs player.
I await the next loony claiming it will be a doctored photo.
Please can you post the photo? I’ve just had a look on the website for it but might be a bit late?

Pretty much this.
Can’t see us being let win it again.

I can’t see it making a difference for us.

All goals are checked which means Liverpool and United will have their fair share of disallowed goals. The technology means that the refs will literally have no choice but to disallow it.

The issue will arise over checking for potential penalties but even this will put the refs under greater scrutiny. Especially if they check for one team but not the other.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will benefit us sooner rather than later.

Did anyone notice the guy who made the decision on VAR yesterday - Graham Scott, was supposed to referee the Chelsea-Leicester game but didn't turn up due to 'traffic'.

I thought that was weird.

I haven't heard one person mention the defender grabbing Laporte's arm (a foul and a pen but we scored anyway), Laporte pulls his arm from the defender's grip and the ball hits his arm as a direct consequence of the defender grabbing Laporte's arm. Am I hallucinating or something ?

So it seems VAR will only intervene for penalty decisions missed that are completely an incorrect referee decision (when not asked to be reviewed by the ref himself).
This in itself is totally open to interpretation allowing us to get shafted as we did yesterday in the Rodri incident.
I doubt this will affect the scouse shite or trafford rats as generally any excuse to give a penalty and the refs are there already.
VAR most likely won't intervene either for penalties given in the Salah/Mane diving circus as they will just state not conclusive enough to deny the refs original decision.

I thought at the start of this season that VAR would be better for us and worse for them, but I think it'll just be the same for them, but worse for us.
I think they've found the perfect way to introduce VAR and handicap us in the process.

Originally (a year or so ago) I was in favour of VAR (in some way, shape or form), but after celebrating injury time winners twice against spurs to have my heart ripped out 3 minutes later, I think it can only kill the game.
When you can't celebrate these moments properly at the time they occur, then negatives totally outweigh the positives of VAR.
It needs to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.