Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

The scenes of handbags and slaps outside immediately after the game were unique for a two two draw ! Hopefully the Liverpool games will be decided in the respective Cities and not via Var.

If we do what we didn't do yesterday, and put good chances in the net, we take VAR out of the equation, we were so watseful yesterday.

Yeh fully agree with you. Too many missed chances but city do seem to miss as many as we score. It’s the tight games VAR will screw us over

Fk me ... the game is changing for the worst year in year out... it is a release from the weeks stress for a lot of working men.. take away a few pints and it’s sanatised for good .
I’m in the family stand and have no interest in violence what so ever these days .. I’d had 2 pints on Saturday but if I’d have bumped into some cockney knobs ballooning on the tow path on the way back to town I’d not have been looking to give them a swimming lesson but I wouldn’t put my life on it that the red mist wouldn’t have descended and id do something stupid and out of carracture in the heat of the moment.. and I’d expect no less if it was the other way around

You just have to take it mate, next week it'll be us thats giving it out, what comes around goes around.

Voilence isn't the answer.

Yes City got robbed again but didn't see Pochettino gloating or Pep trying to smack him as they stood on the touchline together at the end of the match. Too much to expect fans to follow their example of course. I was fuming about it after the match but the missus said "grow up, there's worse shit to deal with" and she's not wrong as usual.

If we do what we didn't do yesterday, and put good chances in the net, we take VAR out of the equation, we were so watseful yesterday.
They are 2 separate issues, yes we missed chances, but that in no way excuses VAR being fucked up. We worked unbelievably hard to win the league by a point over 38 games; yesterday we were fucked over by cheats for double that amount. That isn’t our fault

They are 2 separate issues, yes we missed chances, but that in no way excuses VAR being fucked up. We worked unbelievably hard to win the league by a point over 38 games; yesterday we were fucked over by cheats for double that amount. That isn’t our fault
We should have been out of sight by half time. Profligate finishing was the problem - which we got away with last year

Haven't posted on here in a while as I haven't been following football in general all that much these last couple of years due to other factors going on with myself. But anyway, yesterday really got me curious as to the opinions of other blues. I personally think it's ruining the game and will continue until it remains in place over here. It's not going to just work against us in the long run...it will affect every team unfortunately... or more recently wolves as an example, but the fact that blatant penalty wasn't reviewed, goes to show how selective it all seems.

I mean on another day something tells me that if we were 4-2 up and got our 5th that wouldn't be analysed as the game was dead and buried and the final goal wouldn't have any effect on the score. As I say it seems its going to be a shifty & selective process. The handball rule no exception, both laws will affect every team and in the longer run, will probably ruin the game til the rule gets looked at.

In response to the OP, no I don't think this will increase violence at all, I mean it's a game of sport at the end of the day...I know some are more passionate than others shall we say but at the end of the day, everyone's team will end up getting the above go there way with relevant effect at some point and vice versa.

Spurs fans are generally just uncivil, brainless ****s. Much prefer West ham or even Arse fans to them.

Everyone wanted var. Now its here.

Everyone was hoping that it was going to be fair. The jury is out on that.

I’ll reserve my judgement until we see Manure or the Dippers have a straightforward penalty ignored by the ref and that decision supported by VAR.

I think if that was Lamela on Firmino or Rashford the result would have been one of two things;

The ref gives a penalty and is backed up by VAR

Or

The ref doesn’t give a penalty and VAR steps in to overrule.

Offsides SHOULD be bulletproof but I’ll reserve judgement until we’ve seen important goals ruled out for the ‘istree clubs.

The only positive I can take is that we are still so good that VAR will not derail us. I think it will make the players even more determined and take our ruthlessness to a new level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.